It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #1
(male)

Griff411 HB User
Moms 2nd stroke-seizures and no sleep

My mom is 52, had her first stroke at 19 years old leaving the right side of her body paralyzed. She just had her second stroke 3 days ago. She cannot speak full sentences, only certain words occasionally. She has what looks like mini seizures frequently to where she stares off in space, usually turning her head all the way to the righy and body cramps up. But the thing that worries me the most is that she also has not slept for a minute since the stroke. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this or knows what I could do to help. Thank you all.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User
Re: Moms 2nd stroke-seizures and no sleep

Griff,
Hello and welcome. I am sorry about your mother's condition. But don't worry. She will come around it just takes time. If it is only 3 days since the stroke, there is alot of time for her to heal. I can tell you that at 3 days after my stroke and in the hospital I did not know my wife's name. So try not to worry. I am her age. As long as it is not life threatening she will come back, but it takes a lot of time. You obviously love her. So just love her and be patient. She will come back to you, but will be a different person, probably better. Stay in touch here because there is a lot of wisdom here from all stroke survivors to help you.
God Bless,
Tim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
seizure, sleep, stroke