It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Thoughts and prayers for Tim - positive cynic

I am writing to let everyone know that Tim, (positive cynic) has been in the hospital since June 1st, (and just released) following multiple (6) seizures that led to a fall into a glass table and landed him in the hospital. Fortunately although the table was broken, he was not cut by the glass. Another fortunate part was that his daughter was at home at the time and was able to call 911 and the paramedics got him to the hospital. Tim has no history of seizures, so this is all new to him and very upsetting for him and his family. He is on anti-seizure medication that leaves him feeling dizzy and not well.

Although Tim will not be on the boards until he is feeling better, he did want us to know why he is absent. I hope we can put together some well wishes for Tim when he returns. As most of you know, Tim is a very warm and thoughtful person who only wants the best for everyone here. I know I will miss him for sure, as he always has such honest and well thought out messages for everyone who comes to our board, and is friends with all of us who are regular visitors.

Please join me in saying a little prayer for our friend Tim, and leave a message for him to read when he returns. We love you Tim, and can't wait until you are well enough to come back to us.

Love janet

Last edited by writeleft; 06-08-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:47 AM   #2
(female)

ennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB User
Re: Thougths and prayers for Tim - positive cynic

Happy to say a quick or long prayer for Tim. He is such a good soul. Hopefully he will feel better soon and God will continue to keep him safe.
Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2011, 07:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

oh my! how scary!
I'm glad his daughter was there and he got help quickly!
prayers and positive vibes going out to Tim to feel better soon!

Old 06-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
(female)

Alberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB User

Oh man, I didn't know that. Thank God his daughter was home.I will be praying for him. And everyone on this board. Alberta

The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta1967 For This Useful Post:
ennbee (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 11:59 AM   #5
(male)

coupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB User
Re: Thoughts and prayers for Tim - positive cynic

thank you Janet for this information on Tim. I'll be happy to offer my thoughts and prayers that time has a quick complete recovery, and is back home here with us. he is a good friend to us all and offers much support to any and all who visits us here. he will sorely be missed until his return.

I've not been posting much lately myself, as most of you know when I was hurt, I'd lost most of my teeth. was left with only two upper teeth. though with only two teeth, I'd managed to gain about 80 pounds, eating most anything I wanted. nuts have been pretty tough to eat! I'd tried dentures in the beginning, but with all the wires in my mouth and the bones broken in 5 places that was impossible to do. for the last several weeks I've been going through the procedures of obtaining dental implants, which involved having my last two teeth cut off at the gum line, having root canals on both teeth same day, no fun in that! then having gold pins in planted in those two teeth roots, to hold the upper teeth. then last week had the lower implants surgically implanted into my lower jaw bone 4 implants with screws to hold the lower teeth. I've had a lot of pain during these sessions, so not feeling up to posting much though I've been reading every day with nothing to really add, because of all the wonderful family we have here has answered the questions so brilliantly!

hopefully, I'll be posting more soon? I'm a little worried about how much weight I might gain with teeth? if gained 80 pounds without them! I told my wife Mona I might not be able to eat a hot dog? cause I'll have to open my mouth another 3/4 inch just to bit it? I'm starting to try to stretch my jaws now, trying to get the amount of space I'll need. it wont be until August or September before I actually get my teeth as these four lower implants have to grow into the bone for 4 months. after almost 19 years I'll Finlay have teeth again. most importantly! I'll have a smile I'm not ashamed to show.

until then, keep up the good work my friends and family here on the stroke forum

good luck and god bless you all

hurry back home Tim!

Larry/coupe

Old 06-09-2011, 07:08 PM   #6
(female)

kel61 HB Userkel61 HB Userkel61 HB User

Thank you Janet for letting us know about Tim.

Tim, Oh man! What next huh? I know i haven't been here long, and haven't replied much..but I have read many posts. YOU Tim strike me as such a great guy. Always right there to lend support, advice and words of encouragement. Adding a touch of humor here and there to boot.
Mustering up all the prayers and positive vibes I can and sending them your way((((((((()))))) Speedy recovery. Hope to see you back here soon.

Coupe,
Holy moly!! All that dental work...just hearing about it has MY teeth aching. OUCH! I hate dental work to begin with, but that sounds like sheer torture.*cringe
I bet September and those brand new chompers can't come soon enough. In the mean time..keep smiling anyway. Hang tough.. and cut that dang dog in to little bites for cryin out loud! lol
I've read many of your posts too. Thank you for being here.

The Following User Says Thank You to kel61 For This Useful Post:
coupe (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Coupe,

I know you are always near by, but did not know you were going through such intense dental work...all I can say about that is how great it will be when it is over! I bet you will be one smiling dude I have always pictured you with a smile on your face anyway. Hang in there, and keep up posted with any news about the progress.

janet

Old 06-09-2011, 08:22 PM   #8
(male)

max55 HB Usermax55 HB Usermax55 HB Usermax55 HB User

Oh wow, that is terrible. Best wishes for a speedy recovery Tim.

Just does not seem the same around here. Any idea how long he will be out for?

Last edited by max55; 06-09-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

He will be back as soon as he is feeling better...the new medication is leaving him feeling terrible. When I get any more news, I will pass it on,

janet

Old 06-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

I am very sorry to let the group know that Tim has had another medical setback. Until I hear from him again, I cannot share much more about the details, but when he assures me it is ok, I will leave it at that. It is another health problem, not related to his stroke or recent seizures. Please keep Tim in your thoughts and prayers, our friendship is very meaningful to him, and he could really use any positive words, and kindness.

He will learn more on Tuesday.
Love to all, janet

Last edited by writeleft; 06-11-2011 at 03:07 PM.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #11
(female)

kel61 HB Userkel61 HB Userkel61 HB User

How horrible
You hang tough Tim. If anyone can conquer whatever it is going on with you..it's YOU.
You are in my thoughts and prayers. You mean so much to everyone here...take care and GET BETTER!!! You're needed in a big way

~Kelley

Old 06-11-2011, 11:00 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

It is the end of the day, and Tim...I want you to know that I have been thinking of you all day. Dig deep for strength, and calm. While your family at home is caring for you, we are caring for you too.

Goodnight

Old 06-12-2011, 02:35 AM   #13
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User

G’day Tim,
Just Heard that you had a set back, I’m sure your right in there fighting with everything you have. You may be hurt physically but your spirit will see you through. Mate my family pray and wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Coupe/Larry
Wishing you all the best with your denial work. I can’t begin to image what you have been through and what you’re going through now. Good luck.

Writeleft / Janet
Hope you are getting better and improving every day. Thank you for informing us about Tim. You and Tim were the first to respond to my first thread, I never forget you.
Thank you.

Tim “keep on keeping on” (I heard someone saying it some where).

George

Old 06-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #14
(female)

Casey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB User

Tim
You know I come and go based on my schedule but Janet's (Writeleft) news about your continuing medical woes really hit me hard. This might sound terribly selfish but I need you to get well and come back just as soon as you can. Your advice, humor and the telling of your own stroke story has been a source of strength to me through many dark days.

You know I'm here in the Sunshine State too. So reach out your fingers to your computer screen and find mine (mental electronic image) and we'll get through this together.

Much love and continued best wishes and thoughts,
Casey

Janet,
I thank you for helping Tim through his troubles and setback right now and for keeping his friends updated. Hopefully you are doing well.
Casey

Old 06-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Friends,

Update on Tim...

Believe it or not, Tim's first words today were that he could feel all the love well wishes coming form all his friends here. It is nice to have our thoughts and prayers being acknowledged and appreciated.

Tim has also found a way to be thankful for his recent seizures, which put him into the hospital where he was given many seemingly unrelated screenings and tests. It was in one of those that he was informed of another health issue that will be further investigated on Tuesday, June 14th. It is Tim's wish that until the results are released to him that we do not discuss that exact nature of the test. I think very easy for us to understand that, and I assured him that we "wait and see" with him, in spirit. He also mentioned that if the tests come out positive, that there may be a need for him to be admitted to the hospital for the next step. Either way, I will share what ever information he relays to me.

Goodnight for now...
Janet

The Following User Says Thank You to writeleft For This Useful Post:
Casey991 (06-12-2011)
Closed Thread