It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
(female)

kabr99 HB User
Weird Sensation in Head

Hi. In the last year, I've noticed several instances where I feel this weird sensation in my head. I've had a hard time describing the feeling until I found a blog where others have felt the same way. Some of them were able to describe the feeling fairly accurately. My head feels "funny." I am not dizzy, light-headed, or foggy. There's a sort of tingling sensation in my head. I feel a bit off balance, but I don't really fall. My vision is not affected. My ears don't ring. Nothing like that at all. It's kind of like I'm on a boat, the seas are a little rough, and the boat is rocking, causing me to feel a little off-balance, but not really enough to be off balance or fall. It's rather disconcerting, really.

Generally, the sensation lasts a couple of minutes and then goes away. It happens maybe once a week, but more often lately. Yesterday, for the first time, the feeling lasted several hours, and I felt a bit of nausea with it. I probably caused the nausea due to my concern over what the heck this was, why it was lasting so long, and why is this happening to me. So far this seems to happen when walking or while seated.

I am 53, peri-menopausal, get hot flashes, and have some difficulty these days with memory loss or forgetfulness. I don't get stressed out. I don't have anxiety concerns, and I don't have panic attacks. My diet is good, and I generally get plenty of exercise. I don't have anything in particular that happened to me in the last year that I could attributed this to.

The people on the Internet who are experiencing the same thing have not found anyone who was able to diagnose the problem.

Has anyone experienced similar "feelings?" Has anyone diagnosed these feelings? And if so, what was the treatment and did the feelings go away?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User
Re: Weird Sensation in Head

Hi kabr99,
I am sorry you feel so stumped and not getting any answers with your problem. I have a stroke, and from my experience, this doesn't sound like what your symptoms are not a stroke if you are asking since you are on a stroke forum. From everything you wrote here, you sound healthy so this is a mystery. I am not a doctor (or a woman ha ha) but from what you write sounds like it could be your change. I think a woman would obviously be able to tell you better than me, but from what you wrote, that is what it sounds like. I know several lovely ladies that say that the change starts with the buzzing in the head. And age doesn't matter. It just happens when your body is ready. It could be 40 and it could be 70. It just happens to each person differently. But I could be totally wrong. I am just responding from my experiences. If this does not help or is wrong information, please regard this because I wish you only the best.
God Bless,
Tim

Old 08-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
(female)

kabr99 HB User

Hi Tim. Thank you for your kind reply. I didn't realize I was on the stroke page. Thought I was on the "perimenopausal" page. Perhaps I'd better have my brain evaluated too! Sound observations from life experiences are worth a lot. Glad you're not a girl. Thank you for your thoughts. -Kim

Old 08-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User

No problem Kim. You can stay here if you wish. We are a nice group of people and we don't bite.

Go Bay City Rollers ha ha

Here is some trivia for you today. The Bay City Rollers I always thought where from Michigan, but Bassist Alan Longmuir, his younger brother Derek Longmuir, a drummer, along with schoolfriend, lead singer Gordon "Nobby" Clark founded the group in Edinburgh, Scotland in 1966, as The Saxons. Shortly afterwards, they chose a new name found at random by throwing a dart at a map of the United States. It landed near the community of Bay City, Michigan.

This means that with that info and a buck and a half you can get a coffee at Starbucks.
God Bless,
Tim

Last edited by Positive Cynic; 08-15-2011 at 05:19 PM.

Closed Thread