It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
(male)

darklordd63 HB User
Do you drop things more often since your stroke?

I keep dropping things, especially out of my left hand more often than before my stroke. I swear everyday I drop two or three things while hanging on doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing or where I'm at....Kinda bothersome.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
(female)

ennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB User
Re: Do you drop things more often since your stroke?

as long as you drop things and not yourself

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2011, 05:19 AM   #3
(male)

darklordd63 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennbee View Post
as long as you drop things and not yourself
not quite the answer I was looking fo, but you right that's worse. I'd simply like to know if anyone else experience hand losss and hand coordination I alos can't type worth a darn.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
(female)

ennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB User

I typo one-handed. I don't drop things that much as I can't pick them up with my left hand to begin with.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
(female)

flwrme HB User

My foot feels heavier some days than others but its the muscle in my theigh that needs to get stronger Remember your brain needs to heal just pick it up LOL Hugs

Old 09-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Yes I drop things too and it was much more frequently after my stroke. I have gotten better. My right side was effected and the more I did in a day the weaker my right side became. So I dropped things much more frequently in the evening than in the morning. I have gotten use to relying on my left hand more now. But it is better and my right side is stronger and continuing to get stronger. I found the best way to look at it is, now that you know you cant rely on it help it out by using the other hand. It will get better. As long as you are pushing forward and never give up you will continue to recover. And symptoms that were so obvious suddenly become not so obvious. Good Luck to you and keep posting. God Bless Mulchie

Old 09-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
(female)

tinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB User

Oh yes: drop things, spill things, break things, knock things over. Regardless, I made no exceptions for right hand from the moment it happened. Saved my writing (scribbling, really) samples from the outset. I can't live without writing and so sent the message to right hand. Have never made concessions to right hand. I am right handed. Left hand assists, but right hand is in charge. It is doing well, always improving. Give it the exercise attention it needs.

Hurray for all right hands.

Reply Reply