It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
(female)

worried wife 33 HB User
Lightbulb also a worried wife

Hi there! Im also a worried wife!!!! And I have been looking for someone with Wallenberg syndrome since my husband got discharged from the hospital. It has been a horrible experience for us. No one knows anything about it and every where we go no one has had it. Which is very frustrating.
It all started on May 7, 2011 we got up that morning as usual and i went to work out and so did he. He got home took a shower and he left to some horse races. It was very hot here in Texas that day. So then a few hours later he calls me and says he doesnt feel good. He said his face seemed weird and he couldnt feel his right side of face or arm. He was 2 hrs away from home so dad took him straight to ER. Then I arrived and I saw him, he was laying there, he was alert and spoke and seemed fine. I remember I looked and asked the doctor "did my husband want to have a stroke"? He looked at me and said no maam he had a stroke!!!!!
I couldnt beleive it!!!! My hubby was a 34 year old male 6'1 and 220 lbs. So because we didnt have insurance he got discharged home after 17 days later. He couldnt even sit or walk. Its now been 4 months and thank god he is recovering well. He complains of alot of head pressure and has a SEVERE case of vertigo and double vision all the time. He walks with a cane now but he gets so discouraged because hes afraid he is gonna stay that way for ever and never recover his vision so he can drive. Please let me know how your huband is doing and how well he has recovered .....sending you lots of hugs and keeping you in our prayers.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-27-2011 at 02:03 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to worried wife 33:
woody35 (09-11-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
(female)

woody35 HB User
Re: Hubby was diagnosed with Wallenberg Syndrome

First and foremost, I would like to say I'm so sorry that your husband has the same illness as my husband and my apologies for the late response.
I would like for you to hang in there and to be supportive of your husband right now. He really needs it.
My husband recovered quite well since Wallenberg syndrome diagnosis on March.He goes to work everyday and he walks good as if he didn't have the illness.He doesn't use cane.He drives his car everyday to work.He still has problems with his vision, but he seemed fine.He take his medicines religiously.If you would see him outside, you wouldn't think he has the illness. He's recovering well. But he would get tired easily too.But knowing him as he is a workaholic type of guy, he is really trying hard.
Hang in there worried wife.I am positive that your husband would recover.Tell him to do exercises like walk in the parks and to eat nutritious foods.My husband is back to drinking every night like 2 or 3 glasses of liquor.He said he needs it from all the stress he experience everyday at work.He doesn't smoke though. Give him lots of encouragement and let him know that he will be back to his normal self in no time.I remember my husband used to do eyes exercise..Like he would look to the right to the left up and down,just exercising his eye sight.Also, rest is very important.Sleep well day time and night time.

I will message again later.I'm just in a rush right now so forgive my post right now. Hope to hear from you again.

Old 09-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
(female)

worried wife 33 HB User

Hi there!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING! It really means a lot to me as if im not alone in the world. My hubby feels terrible and im so scared for him. He wants me to ask you " how long did the VERTIGO last"?????
Im VERY happy your husband has recovered well and wish you the best!

Thank you very much!!!!

Last edited by Administrator; 09-27-2011 at 02:05 AM.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #4
(female)

woody35 HB User

Husband said to get plenty of rest and to make a regular exercise like daily walk around your neighborhood or in the park.And if he feels tired , he said to get sleep and rest.Eat plenty of vege,fruits and avoid salty food and salt. Go to rehabilitation center and religiously drink his medicines. Do not skip. Eat fish,salad, avoid oily foods.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-27-2011 at 02:06 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to woody35:
worried wife 33 (09-27-2011)
Old 09-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #5
(female)

worried wife 33 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody35 View Post
Husband said to get plenty of rest and to make a regular exercise like daily walk around your neighborhood or in the park.And if he feels tired , he said to get sleep and rest.Eat plenty of vege,fruits and avoid salty food and salt. Go to rehabilitation center and religiously drink his medicines. Do not skip. Eat fish,salad, avoid oily foods.
Thanks a lot for all your help. My hubby is doing better now and is more positive now. The only real discomfort he has is the horrible vertigo and a burning sensation on left leg. Did your husband ever experience that sensation? He says it feels like his foot is always on fire. We gave two children and its been difficult for them to see daddy always laying or sleeping. How are you doing now? I hope now that your husband I'd back to work you feel better.
Can u please ask him how long did it take for vertigo to go away?
We would really appreciate it.......thanks
worried wife

Old 09-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #6
(female)

worried wife 33 HB User
Smile Re: Hubby was diagnosed with Wallenberg Syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody35 View Post
Thanks a lot for all your help. My hubby is doing better now and is more positive now. The only real discomfort he has is the horrible vertigo and a burning sensation on left leg. Did your husband ever experience that sensation? He says it feels like his foot is always on fire. We gave two children and its been difficult for them to see daddy always laying or sleeping. How are you doing now? I hope now that your husband I'd back to work you feel better.
Can u please ask him how long did it take for vertigo to go away?
We would really appreciate it.......thanks
worried wife

Old 10-05-2011, 02:04 AM   #7
(female)

Clab HB User
Re: also a worried wife

Hi, like you my husband is young. It has been such a shock for us. We are fortunate to have a reasonably good public health system, however we have still had to arrange some private care. I have found the post stroke care really important. You mention your husbands mood, of course it must be terrible to be so young and be in this situation. It makes me feel so sad when my husband has a bad day. I hope you can get some help; we found a neuro psychiatrist to be helpful in this regard. Take Care.

Closed Thread