It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

kenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB User
ct angiogram questions

I'm having a ct angiogram on my head and neck tomorrow morning to look at all the blood vessels. Neuro says it will confirm or rule out strokes as the cause of the 20 lesions in my brain. Anyway, can anyone tell me what it's like? I know I will have dye put in my vein. What I want to know is if I have to wear a cage thing over my head like I did for the MRI brain scan? Will it hurt? Thanks!

The following user gives a hug of support to kenzibenzi:
Mulchie (10-10-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB User
Re: ct angiogram questions

Never mind, I survived. Thanks for the hug Mulchie!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Hi
So glad you made out ok. Can you tell me about it? Was it MRI or Ct scan. They are both quite different arnt they. I am Clostraphobic ( sorry for the spelling) so the two MRI that I had were a challenge for me. I found the CT scan much more "test friendly" But I did not have an I.V.
It is nice when we can sit back and know that the test is done and finished and behind us.
Let us know how it went.
God Bless Mulchie

Old 10-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

The ct scan is WAY easier than the MRI! My scan of the head and neck only took ten minutes. The dye lit up all my vessels and arteries to look for an aneurysm or stroke. I do not know the results yet, but I do have all the images on a cd. The dye is put in through an IV in your arm. When they inject it you get real warm all over as it travels through your veins. It feels like you wet your pants, but you do not...lol. You know you can always ask for an open MRI. I had one MRI in the tube and threw a fit, since then my dr schedules open MRI's. It's more like a sandwich and you are between two pieces of bread. You can see out all around. Much better than the tube! Hope this answered your question. My dr's are very slow. I will get the results in the mail long before I see my dr again. So I'll be checking that mail every day...lol.

Old 06-16-2012, 05:05 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Ashley9045 HB UserAshley9045 HB User

Do you remember how long it took for your Dr. to give you the results. I had one done a week ago and have not heard from the Dr.

Thank you!

Closed Thread