It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
(female)

UKwendy HB User
stroke

Hi my name is wendy, 9 days ago i was took to hospital, they did brain scan and said i had tia, i was really numb on side of face but it feels ok now, they gave me blood thiners and statins cos i suffer with high blood pressure, what im concerned about my scan reveled my left archery completley blocked, other side half way blocked, what im worried about what happens if other side completly blocks, im on ramapril and throxine,benfurizide and as i say statins blood thinners, my dad had a bad stroke and my mum daughter has had tia, could this lead to a bigger stroke or am i ok now.

Last edited by mod85; 10-23-2011 at 05:41 AM.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: stroke

Hi Wendy
I am so sorry for what your going through and Im so glad you found this board. The people who are here on this board are amazing, kind people and will help you in any way they can.
I am not a doctor and cant give you medical advice I can however try to help with what I do know. It is good that you are on the medication now and its a blessing you found out about the blockages before a more serious event happened. The meds you are on will help in the prevention area however are you booked for a procedure to deal with the blockage? That would be my first question. The TIA was a good thing if it leads you to better health and prevention of a bigger stroke. Make sure that happens for you.
Finding out this information can also lead you to a better life style. High bloodpressure needs to be controlled and there are lots of ways to do that. Make sure you read as much as you can on these subjects and educate yourself in the medical so you are asking the right questions and demanding the proper care in stroke prevention.
Best of luck to you and please let us know how you are doing.
God Bless Mulchie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2011, 11:14 AM   #3
(female)

Babybuuumer HB User

If you're talking about a blocked carotid artery, it needs cleaned out (carotidendarterectomy), cuz those cause strokes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Babybuuumer For This Useful Post:
UKwendy (11-02-2011)
Old 11-04-2011, 05:11 AM   #4
(female)

UKwendy HB User

it is that archery but nothing said about cleaning it out many thanks. wendy

Old 11-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKwendy View Post
it is that archery but nothing said about cleaning it out many thanks. wendy
How are you doing UKWendy Did the doctors address the blocked artery?
Just wondering how your doing?
God Bless Mulchie

Closed Thread