It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
(female)

crystald523 HB User
Loss of grip and strength in hand.

I have a clotting disorder, which has caused me to have four strokes. The strokes affected the left side of my body. The problem now is that I have noticed for the last week that my right hand seems to be loosing strength and I cannot get it to do what I want it to. It kind of feels like jello. No strength and I can just barely grip with it. I am right handed so this is really getting to me. Has anyone else had this happen???

Old 11-07-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
(male)

Joshua480 HB User
Re: Loss of grip and strength in hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystald523 View Post
I have a clotting disorder, which has caused me to have four strokes. The strokes affected the left side of my body. The problem now is that I have noticed for the last week that my right hand seems to be loosing strength and I cannot get it to do what I want it to. It kind of feels like jello. No strength and I can just barely grip with it. I am right handed so this is really getting to me. Has anyone else had this happen???
I too have a clotting disorder which lead to my stroke. I can't imagine having 4. Are they not trying to manage the disorder or are they trying with no success? As far as losing strength I am a new stroke patient so I have no info. I know that from time to time my right shoulder gets extremely heavy feeling and tight. I have my first follow up with my neurologist this Friday so maybe I can get some info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #3
(female)

crystald523 HB User

I appreciate that. Actually, I had my first massive stroke at 32 with a right corotid dissection. The next three I had at 45, I am now 50. After the first stroke I took Coumadin for three years. Then my doctor told me to stop taking it and just take aspirin. I did and then in 07 I had three more strokes. They didn't think I was going to make it. I did. Now I take 400 mg of Aggranox and it has 50 mg of aspirin in it also. Hopefully this will work from now on. But then last week my hand started this stuff.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:44 AM   #4
(male)

Joshua480 HB User

If you don't mind me asking, what clotting disorder do you have? I was put on coumadin about a month after my stroke. Ive been on it for almost 3 months now. They still can't my my inr levels straight. I had been to low, then I was at 2.1 for a week, then 2.7, now I'm not sure because I had to go off of it for my wisdom teeth to be cut out.

I'll be back on it on Friday, but I think my dose is to high because I was having numerous nose bleeds. Since I've been off it and it's coming out of my system, I haven't had a nose bleed.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
(female)

crystald523 HB User

The dose I took to finally get mine straight was 5mg. one day then 2.5mg the next day. I was getting a blood draw every other day to get mine straight. Once I hit that dosage, mine stayed straight.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
(female)

Babybuuumer HB User

all i know is the more i worked my "bad' hand the worsse it got--it was the statin drug and doc changed to different one--helped a little.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #7
(male)

Joshua480 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystald523 View Post
The dose I took to finally get mine straight was 5mg. one day then 2.5mg the next day. I was getting a blood draw every other day to get mine straight. Once I hit that dosage, mine stayed straight.
Yeah I zoomed by that dosage before I ever started lol. 5 was mine then alternated 5 and 7.5. Then 7.5. Now 8. My last pt test was 2.7, but like I said I started getting nosebleeds. Im off it now for my wisdom teeth, but I'm supposed to start 8 again on Friday. Hoping I get it under control lol

Closed Thread