It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User
Home From The Hospital

Hello my friends
Just another update. I really hate telling you about this hospital revolving door posts, but I miss writing to my buddies here. And I suppose most of you that know me know that I write at least every 2 or 3 days when I'm doing well, and when I'm not, then you gotta figure something is up and you are right. This time I had a seizure again. This is the 4th one I've had since June so now it doesn't seem like a fluke. I seems like I have epilepsy. The doc put me on keppra that is an epilepsy med. Every time I have a seizure seems to take something out of me and it takes me longer to get back to the swing of things. My body hurts from head to toe. My wife says my whole body shakes uncontrollably and the paramedics always have to strap me down. I also bite my tongue every darn time and that sum beach hurts for weeks!!!! This keppra I'm on is hard core too. Plenty of side-effects. I am definitely not all here. I feel like my stroke came back, but they checked that, I am ok. It is the seizures and the medication have me in a fog. That is why I may not be writing as much as I used to until I get used to this new drug. This post I have been writing for an hour now. And there are newbies I want to talk to, but I just don't have the energy. I would like to say that Janet is back that is nice to see. What an amazing ordeal she has been through. Hi Janet. You know that we were are all with you all summer and fall.
Anyway, I will talk to you all soon I hope. Thanks for listening my buddies
Tim

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: Positive Cynic
Alberta1967 (11-16-2011), ennbee (11-18-2011), goingtorun (11-18-2011), Mulchie (11-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
(female)

Alberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB User
Re: Home From The Hospital

Oh Tim, I am so sorry. But now they know what is wrong & it is not another stroke( Thank God). I will be praying for you. Alberta

The Following User Says Thank You to Alberta1967 For This Useful Post:
Positive Cynic (11-17-2011)
Old 11-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User

Hi Alberta,
Thanks a lot for the response. It is nice to hear from you again. How have you been? I know it has been at least a year or more since your stroke, so I hope you have not had any more medical problems. How old are the kids now? Well, you take care my friend.
God Bless you,
Tim

Old 11-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Dear Tim
I am so sorry to hear what happend and what you are going through. You have been through so much and now this. I cant help but agree with Alberta that at least now they know what it is. The medication will help prevent another seizure and that is a good thing. It sounds like the re-coop from those seizures is like climbing another dam mountain. One of my children took a seizure once and I remember the doctor telling me that every muscle in the body is used for a severe seizure. Its like giving your whole body a work out at the gym when its not use to it. I can only imagine how exhaused you must feel. Prayers going out to you my friend. Once the medication settles in and the muscles heal you will be back to your old self again. I pray that happens quickly for you. Take care Tim
God Bless Mulchie

Old 11-17-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
(female)

Alberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB User

Hi Tim, it has been almost 7 years since my strokes.On Christmas it will be seven. I have been fine, just tired alot. Now for my kids, 3 boys, 1 girl, Morgan, he is 20 now, Hunter just turned 14, Devyn is 8 and my daughter, Shyanne is 7.

Old 11-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #6
(male)

wilso2fc HB Userwilso2fc HB User

best of luck, Tim
Maybe try another doc with new meds?
I can relate to the med issue, as I really hate being zombiefied by medication
and even my cousin remarked that I seem much better now. She saw me last after my last stroke when I was on Fentanyl. Its amazing to me that people can notice when Im over medicated, as I usually can't tell myself
Cheers
Jon

Old 11-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
(female)

ennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB User

Tim I had started a thread before checking the list of new posts.I am glad you felt both well enough and comfortable relating this yourself.
Blessings and good thoughts always,
Nancy

Old 11-18-2011, 10:28 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User

G'Day my old mate Tim,
I hear you had a little setback, wish I had some sort of advice to give you, but I really do not have a clue about this.
Tim, I know it takes a bit of ducking and weaving, but, at least your still in there throwing punches. The most important thing is that you keep getting up of the canvous.
Mate, All the very best of health to you and your loved ones.
Hey no more setbacks. OK. Its always good to hear from you buddy.
Thank God it was'nt a stroke.

George

Last edited by goingtorun; 11-22-2011 at 01:29 AM.

Closed Thread