It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
(male)

larryh HB User
Need help

why do I occasional inappropriate verbal outbursts in a post pontine stroke victim(me)

Old 11-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
(female)

Daisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB User
Re: Need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryh View Post
why do I occasional inappropriate verbal outbursts in a post pontine stroke victim(me)
What does your doctor say about this?

My mother in law would have sudden outburst after she had several strokes, all her doctor said was, "it was due to the strokes because it affected her brain".

hugs,
Daisy

Last edited by Daisy65; 11-27-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #3
(female)

ennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryh View Post
Hello Larry and welcome to our group of stroke survivors, heros and care-givers. I think only your neuro can answer that based on where in your brain you were affected. Just as I get muscle spasms, perhaps you get verbal spasms.

I wish I could help, but I am not a dr. and I honestly don't know. I do know that many with left brain strokes have language difficulties.

My best wishes for a quick resolution of this for you.
Blessings
nancy

Old 11-29-2011, 05:41 AM   #4
(male)

larryh HB User

thanks for your kind reply

Old 11-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Hello Larryh
I am no doctor but when I read your post it reminded me of something a doctor told me once. I will pass it along to you. She said the brain has several departments to it and one department helps the other. For example one part of the brain is for reacting to things and another department is to help with the appropriate responce and reasoning to the reaction. When the brain is damaged certain areas cant respond the way they should. So normally the outbursts would be corrected before it ever took place by the part of the brain that is for reasoning. Now maybe that part is damaged. Now in saying that, the brain is what it is and if it can re route itself to relearn certain things maybe it can also relearn reasoning. Im not sure but you should be asking your doctor for lots of info. Understanding is the first step to directing the treatment and healing. I do know certain drugs can help also with this problem. If your doctor hasnt got any answers for you then find another one because you deserve some answers.
I have come to believe while recovering from my stroke that all things are possible. One very good book to read is A Stroke of Insight by Jill Bolte Taylor PhD .There is a lot of great information in the book that helps to understand whats going on with us after a stroke. It is a fasinating story. She was a brain scientist and suffered a massive stroke. This book is her personal journey.
Good luck to you I hope you find some answers.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mulchie For This Useful Post:
larryh (11-30-2011)
Old 11-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #6
(male)

larryh HB User

Wow,what great info.,thank a lot,larry

The following user gives a hug of support to larryh:
Mulchie (11-30-2011)
Closed Thread