It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2011, 03:18 AM   #1
(female)

Adder7 HB User
hi new here but worried

Hi everyone,

First of all thank you for simply being here and im hoping one of you will chat back to this thread. Im 22 year old female and 6 months ago i was hospitalised for 8 days after collapsing and having what the doctors are still trying to figure out. I had severe photophobia and a crushing headache and weakness in my left limbs. Was told the most likely diagnosis was some kind of bleed in my brain but the scans ruled it out but then I know they can be missed and its now thought it was a capillary aneurysm that burst but resolved before the MRI 5 days later. On Tuesday however i had another strange moment. THis is 6 months later, and i had a pain and burning feeling in my neck, then that went and i was unable to move me left arm or leg, felt very sick, had blurred vision and double vision in left eye only, speech was slightly slurred, it lasted for about 2 hours but was so sudden in coming on. I felt very confused and tired throughout and after. I have made an appointment to see my GP on the 28th, was the quickest i could see him as surgery is closed now until then for refurbishment.

It was all just a little bit scary and i think i just needed to write it somewhere so I can think about it and what to tell the GP. Does this sound like anyone elses story? I dont know if its a TIA or anything but its highly likely as I have had suspected one already and I have vasculitis which may cause it.

Thanks everyone, hope you all have a great christmas x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
(female)

Adder7 HB User
Re: hi new here but worried

i just felt a bt worse again bt now better how does that happen

Last edited by Adder7; 12-22-2011 at 10:35 AM.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Hello Adder7
Welcome to the board you will find some good friends here.
I cant help but be concerned at the fact you dont have an appointment till the 28th. Can you go to hospital and be seen by someone. Sometimes our bodies give us lots of warnings and sometimes we get no warning. I think your getting some warnings that something is going on but what we dont know. I am no doctor so I can not speculate on what it might be I can only go by my own experience. But really my only advice to you at this point is go get some help. Its not the norm to have this happen and you deserve to be checked out. Demand some answers these symptoms should not be brushed off.
Good Luck
God Bless Mulchie

Old 12-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
(female)

Adder7 HB User

Hi Mulchie,

Thank you for replying to me, i live with my parets and as this all happened when they were in bed and out at work they dont belive that there i ssomething wrong. So that makes it hard to do anything about it. I know that this is something that needs a doctor but theres not much i cna do about it have to wait til wednesday

THank you for your kindness though xxx

Old 12-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
(female)

Adder7 HB User

is it wrong to be scared about whats happening? i can't really remember clearly what happened just what i have said on here. What do i tel my doctor when i see him, im so worried he will just say it was nothing

Old 12-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Write down what you remember. Make sure you are firm in your belief that something is going on. And be consistant in demanding someone listen. It shouldnt be this hard but I know sometimes it is. Good Luck let us know how you make out.
God Bless Mulchie

Old 12-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #7
(female)

Adder7 HB User

Thank you for all your support, i have one last question, ive just started my period, do you think that this could be linked? i have PCOS so don't have them frequently but i was on the last time it happened too? Many thanks, have a great Chrsitmas!

Old 12-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

That I am not sure but please get checked out. Wish I could be of more help but Im sure your doctor should be able to shed some light on your questions. Just keep asking until you get some answers. Good luck to you and Merry Christmas God Bless Mulchie

Old 12-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #9
(female)

Graywren HB User

If you have another episode, I suggest going to the emergency room ASAP.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:12 AM   #10
(female)

Adder7 HB User

Hi everyone,

Thank you for giving me such support, I have been to see my doctor. He has said that due to my age I can't have had a stroke or a TIA. But then he continued to say that it is more likely some kind of disruption to the blood flow to the brain due to my vasculitis and has referred me to a neurologist which an interest in the vasculitis I have.

Thank you guys though and hope you all have a good new year xx

Closed Thread