It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
(female)

Alberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB User
Merry christmas everyone!!!!!

I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone out there. Tomorrow night it will be 7 years since I had my strokes. I Thank God everyday for allowing me to be here with my kids. God Bless you, Alberta

The following user gives a hug of support to Alberta1967:
Mulchie (12-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User
Re: Merry christmas everyone!!!!!

Merry Christmas to you too Alberta!!

This January it will be 2 years for me since my stroke. It is hard to believe. But I am glad I met you and so many other nice friends on this board. Without my stroke I would have never met any of you wonderful people and for that I am grateful. Now my newest challenge is epilepsy which started in June of this year. But I will be a survivor through this too. We get strength through our weakness.
God Bless,
Tim

The following user gives a hug of support to Positive Cynic:
Mulchie (12-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Merry Christmas Alberta and Tim, and all! With Christmas behind us, I have this great lifting of the spirits that is such a relief! After being away for a few months to go through both my parents unexpected deaths, I am anxious to ease back into my life, which includes spending time here. So happy to see you and Alberta here.

Love janet

Old 12-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
(female)

ennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta1967 View Post
I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone out there. Tomorrow night it will be 7 years since I had my strokes. I Thank God e,veryday for allowing me to be here with my kids. God Bless you, Alberta
Dear Alberta:
I wish you and everyone here a wonderful Christmas holiday season and that 2012 is remarkable in terms of recovery, happiness and continued good health !!
Our Christmas was lovely with both girls home. One did the baking and the other the cooking. I read and gave advice when asked. There was lots and lots of love and appreciation. I wish you all the same

Blessings
Nancy

Old 12-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
(female)

Kaycon HB UserKaycon HB User

Hello everyone,
I am a bit late with the Christmas wishes.
But I wish you all.
A Very Happy and Healthy New Year
All my love to you all xx

Old 12-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
(male)

coupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB User

hello and I hope everyone had a very nice Christmas! I'm sorry I've not been around posting to the new ones or old ones with questions.

my wife has been in and out of the hospital for a total of 9 weeks in since September

good luck and god bless you all,

what I can't do today I'll try harder tomorrow! it's been just over 19 years since my stroke. tomorrow I finally get my new teeth that were all pushed out in my accident whoopee going to stop and buy me a Snickers bar ha ha

coupe/Larry

Old 12-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #7
(female)

Casey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB User

Happy New Year nd Merry Christmas my friends.

I apologize for not posting more but this has been a rough few months. The stresses of my 2 jobs are really tough, and my husband's problems continue to mount. To make it worse, my most beloved kittie died unexpectedly last week and I felt really lost.

I'm holding my own, stroke-wise. As I've said before, I refuse to let stroke define me and I work hard at recovery. I laugh at my own speech mistakes (we call them floobles!) and I can make speeches and presentations again. The trick is preparation. I practice the same speech at least 20 times to make sure my brain is familiar with the words. It sure is work though. No doubt about it.

Please don't think I am complaining. Gosh...the alternative would be so much worse!

Anyway, let's all look forward to 2012. I miss you all and I am going to try to post more.

Casey

Old 12-27-2011, 06:42 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Merry Christmas Alberta and to everyone
If we are all counting our blessings well I guess I will too. 17 months since my stroke and I thank God that he allowed me to stay.
It was my grandbabies first Christmas and well, I gotta tell ya that little guy put the sparkle back in my Christmas. The lights, the tree, the music boxes all make him giggle and laugh. He is the most jolly, baby I have ever seen and the most beautiful.
Thank you God
Merry Christmas my dear dear friends. May the new year be filled with an abundance of joy, happiness and laughter. Oh yes we cant forget the laughter. We need lots and lots of laughter.
God Bless Mulchie

Closed Thread