It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #61
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Had a stroke on Christmas Day need help PLEASE

You have been a wonderful, inquisitive and friendly woman, and sharing our experiences with you has been the greatest pleasure. It is for people just like you that I do this, what I consider to be my volunteer work.

Bless those children who keep your spirit alive and keep those hugs going.

I am anxious to see what my cohorts Mulchie and the Positive Cynic will have to say about this one...It really is heartwarming and we thank you...

Janet

Old 02-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #62
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

You are doing great and I could not agree with Tim and Janet more. Tim you could not have said it better trying to keep it in just hurts us more, that is so so true. I think I needed to hear that as well. Sometimes I think we keep it in just for those around us. We hate to see family laboured with our emotions. They have been through so much and we just want to be well for them. But that is when we loose our way. That is when we loose focus on what we need to do. Like Tim said crying is healing and we need to heal.
Yes I agree with Janet, children are tiny little bundles of light and they heal us. They give unconditional love and acceptance and they give out so much love. Gods gift to the world.
Your doing great keep up the good work and WOW on the weight loss.
God Bless Mulchie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #63
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User

mhart,
Thank you for fighting the good fight. We all know how hard it must be for you. What a trooper you are to keep going like that after a stroke. Your love and compassion will see in each eyes of each child that you touch.
You hang in there buddy.
God Bless,
Tim

The following user gives a hug of support to Positive Cynic:
mhart (02-25-2012)
Old 03-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #64
(female)

mhart HB Usermhart HB User

Hello All, Okay my friends, I need some encouragement. I am getting so discouraged with doctor appts. It seems they tell me to go see someone knew everyday now. Now I have to see an ENT (ear,nose throat) because they said the CT scan showed a little swelling in back of my throat and they want someone to have a visual of it. Then they just called to say they think I should followup with a cardiologist because the heart monitor (2 days) shows an irregular heartbeat occasionally, although not a dangerous AFIB or stroke causer. I feel like I just want to be left alone now and maybe pretend that everything is okay. You know just hide under the covers and make it all go away. Please cheer me up and tell me it's going to be okay and that all these appts are normal and will work out. Only you all can understand what this feels like. Thanks Everyone, Extra Hugs

Old 03-01-2012, 05:19 PM   #65
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

ITS GOING TO BE OK AND ALL THESE APPOINTMENTS ARE NORMAL. lol
No really they are. I was sick to death of seeing doctors but you know what after all is said and done when they tell you your good you can believe it because they put you through the ringer. Big hugs going out to you. It really is going to be ok. My cardio man told me I will see you in 2 years. YES!!!!! but it was until after he put me through the ringer and tested me for everything. I told him I wont miss ya!
Take care we are all praying for you and you know what, you will be ok.
God Bless Mulchie

The Following User Says Thank You to Mulchie For This Useful Post:
mhart (03-01-2012)
Old 03-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #66
(female)

I knew I could count on you Mulchie! Thanks bunches. I really needed some support. You are always there for me. Extra Big Hugs!

Old 03-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #67
(female)

Hello to my online support Friends! How are you all doing? I hope everyone is well. I am still trying hard and doing better. Losing weight and bp has gone down significantly. Our snow is almost all melted in NH but we are expecting just a little more tonight. Spring is coming I can feel it. I am trying to return to Planet Fitness for some treadmill and eliptical time, very little time at first I am sure. I have been so nervous about going back, that I have been putting it off. A big hug and thank you to all of you for all your support since Christmas Day for me. Would love to hear from you all on how things have been with you.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #68
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

And hello back to you! I am so happy to see your post, you sound very upbeat, and positive, it is great to hear...Not to say that we all have our days when we need that extra love and support, we are always here for that too, but nothing like good news.

I understand how hard it can be "going back". I put parenthesis around that because it can apply to so many things..Going back to the gym, going back to school, work, driving, volunteering, walking, whatever it is...going back always has it's own stress along with it.

Believe it or not, when I was gone for some time from here, I was a bit awkward about "going back" here too! That sounds so silly, but I was not sure what to expect, Had everyone forgotten me, had it been too long, what would I say, how would everyone respond, all that..When i did come back here, I found a thread called "prayers for writeleft", and to my great surprise and delight, there were so many posts people had left me while I was away, from the earliest days to right before I came back! Of course it made me cry and laugh at the same time about how dumb I was to think these fine people here had forgotten me! I must say, all of my "going back" experiences have turned out much the same way, very positive and left me feeling a bit dumb for being so worried about each of these little things.

I know that going back to driving was a joy, of course coming back here was too. I hope your experience of going back to the gym will be just as pleasant as you can imagine. Now, we know that you will be starting off slowly, that is ok. Just starting back is the important part. You get another chance to see yourself climb back up the ladder to where you left off.

About the weight and blood pressure, now that is a huge accomplishment. I am at the beginning of my latest trek back to quite a few pounds ago. After my accident on December 28, I have been sitting in bed for at least 8 weeks now, and boy does it show on the scales. I had to go back to my cardiologist for the first time since my accident, and I typically go every 4 weeks. This time my weight had ballooned up 13 pounds. Yikes! As my doctor noted, I had not adjusted my calorie intake to my inactivity. Darn, I wished I had thought of that 8 weeks ago. Now i have some work to do, still not able to get back to any real exercise. (I have 7 broken ribs). So his advice to me was to only eat what grows in the ground, or swims. Can't get any more simple that that when it comes to diet. Now it is just a matter of doing it and watching the pounds fall off. Hungry just thinking of it. That ws just yesterday, so now I need to shop for those items and see what happens. Maybe we can support each other in our weight loss. I think I will start a thread on that for all of us.

Anyway, thanks for your positive post. I am behind you all the way, and of course love this place and the people that make it up. There is just no place like it!

Janet

The Following User Says Thank You to writeleft For This Useful Post:
mhart (03-09-2012)
Old 03-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #69
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User

mhart,
I just wanted to say quickly. I am glad your spirits are up and your attitude seems very good. A stroke is not easy to deal with. But positive thoughts with your self and a strength to make it better are all key to recovery. Many become bitter and never grow. You are a winner my friend,

God Bless you,
Tim

The following user gives a hug of support to Positive Cynic:
mhart (03-10-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Positive Cynic For This Useful Post:
mhart (03-10-2012)
Old 03-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #70
Inactive
(female)

You sound like your doing great. Keep up the good work. Its a journey we are on and its a brand new road we are traveling. But its a good journey, because many times we find out who we really are and what we are truly made of. Its a journey that makes us more aware of those who love us and would go to the end of the earth for us. And some how it makes life clearer I found. It clears away all the non important things we seemed to focus on and clears our vision to see what is really important.
I agree with Tim, there is a division on the road we are traveling and you must choose which way your going to go. Some chose the bitter way and some decided they will go the more positive route and see where it takes them. Truth be told its a tough one and some poor people just cant see clear to making the right choice. Those we pray for. However, you my friend are doing great so glad to hear that. God Bless and please keep posting. Your positive additude will encourage those who need it.
God Bless Mulchie

mhart (03-10-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #71
(female)

Hi Mulchie and All, How is everyone? I am doing well. I am still trying hard. I have now lost 42 pounds! My BP from two weeks ago was 125/54. It's almost 4 months since my stroke now, but I still have tingling in my arm and face etc. Still teaching and having fun with the my 3rd graders. In 2 weeks I go back to Boston for a recheck on everything and to talk with the neurologist. I am starting a list of questions to ask. I seem to be cold all the time now and very tired in the afternoons. Could be meds I guess. I am still longing for a doctor or someone with more knowledge than me, to tell me I am safe and I will not have another stroke. What can I say? I can hope for someone to say it! Anyway, How is everyone? I hope you are all well and improving. You are all such wonderful people.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #72
Inactive
(female)

So nice to hear from you. WOW 42 pounds good for you. I am so impressed. How are you doing it? That is an awesome b/p and Im sure your weight loss is contributing to your improvements. Im so glad to hear you are compiling a list for your doctor. So often we get in the office and forget what we wanted to ask. I have a list going all the time because things pop up and things happen and it might be weeks before you see your doctor and easily forgotten. Good for you.
I know what you mean needing so desperatly for someone, anyone to tell you your ok. We all want that and really the only one who can give that to you is YOU. Just tell yourself every day several times a day "Im am okay" and soon you will start to believe it. Believing makes things happen. Its a gift you can give youself.
Your doing so well thanks for posting and letting us know. I have been wondering how you were. Your an inspiration to us all. God Bless Mulchie

mhart (04-12-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #73
(female)

Hi Mulchie and everyone! Hope you are all well. I wanted to give you an update. Since my Christmas Day stroke, I have now lost 58 lbs. and my BP is around 116/70. My cholesterol has dropped from total 255 to 150. I am doing well and starting to be less afraid. I just passed my 6mth anniversary date and the doctors tell me I am better than before it happened, better than I have been in years and now have a better chance than the average person walking the street. I pray they are right. My only daughter is getting married on September 2nd and I really want to be well for that. Please give me updates on how you are all doing. I thank God for helping me and watching over me. I hope you are all well. You have all been very important to me and my recovery. You are like online guardian angels!

The following user gives a hug of support to mhart:
Mulchie (07-08-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #74
Inactive
(female)

Wow you are doing fantastic. I am so happy for you. You have really stepped into your recovery and not looked back. Steady and constant progress and really a phenominal job. Well done my friend, well done!!! Your post is so encouraging to all of us. Your blood pressure and cholesterol have really benefited by your weight loss. I loved the doctors evaluation of how your health is now. Better than ever, better than before the stroke. Good job my friend.
Well Me, I am still recovering too. I am feeling better and stronger with every day. I was reading my journals from a year ago and they were so encouraging to help me see how far I have come. My gosh some of the challenges I was facing have increasing gotten better and better. We forget how far we have come. It felt pretty good to ready what I had wrote over a year ago.
I am still not driving, it is a multitasking event and it takes too much out of me. A 10 min drive drains my energy so bad the rest of the day is a wash out. So I made the decision it's not worth it. Maybe someday but not right now. Now in saying that, I live in a rural community so giving up my driving is very hard. So I may someday be travelling down the road and pulling over and napping every 10 min just to get out of the house.
God is totally responsible for my recovery and my ability to realize I was saved for a reason and my life can be more wonderful than before. Thats what you have done. Rose to the occasion and made your life better than before. I have a lot to be thankful for and Im not done my recovery yet. Im determined to continue marching forward.
It is so wonderful to hear from you. Thank you for keeping in touch. God bless you and may your recovery continue to sore. God Bless Mulchie

Old 07-13-2012, 02:55 AM   #75
(female)

zoechicken HB User

I know how you feel i am 24 and had a stroke on my 23rd birthday, now everytime i feel dizzy or funny i freak out

Same as you doctors do not know what caused mine, i found it hard to believe at first how a doctor cannot know i had 2 one shortly after the other and 7 mini ones.

The following user gives a hug of support to zoechicken:
mhart (07-13-2012)
Closed Thread