It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #76
(female)

mhart HB Usermhart HB User
Re: Had a stroke on Christmas Day need help PLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoechicken View Post
I know how you feel i am 24 and had a stroke on my 23rd birthday, now everytime i feel dizzy or funny i freak out

Same as you doctors do not know what caused mine, i found it hard to believe at first how a doctor cannot know i had 2 one shortly after the other and 7 mini ones.
Hi Zoechicken, How long has it been for you? I just passed my 6 months. I had an ultrasound on Tuesday and they tell me that they can no longer see any narrowing of my carotid arteries or any plaque for that matter. Which is great news! I/they can only assume that is was a strange and sudden spike in blood pressure. I did have somewhat high pressure but not extremely high. I think they just do not know, which does make it scarier. If it happened once what's to stop it from happening again, was my thoughts. But I am a lot healthier now having lost 58 lbs and exercising. Also on lots more meds. They tell me I have a better chance now than the average person walking around on the street. I have to believe them for my own sanity. Although I do feel better than I have in years and look better too. I am taking it as a very strong wake-up call. I feel lucky and blessed to have gotten a second chance. Now it's up to me to make the best of it. I am trying my best to do that.

Mulchie and the others on this site have helped me tremendously. They will help you as well. They are a Godsend. Keep thinking positively. You may never get an answer. I am so sorry that you were only 23. What a shame. What are they leaning towards being the cause? I know how scary it is believe me, but try to get through each day, the more time that goes by the better you will be. I will pray extra for you.

Marianne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #77
(female)

flwrme HB User

I like you had a suden stroke due to a spike in my blood presure I'm now on Plavix and Dr. added another blood presure Med I like you have numbness that comes back and some days are better than others. I also had left side affected my foot still feels a little heavy but she said the weakness is in my leg muscle, I took a car trip the other days for a couple of hrs and had balance problems when I got home. sounds like you need a new Dr. I also feel very lucky but that does not mean I don't feel for other people who have it worse but your Dr. should worry about how you feel. you can control how you stress your body out with worry I'm sure you know that it won;t do you any good to worry about it. My MRI showed I have harding of the arteries so plavix thins your blood so this has to work for me. They really should find out where your clots came from. Change Drs ask a nurse at your hospital who is a good Dr. They sure know. I wish you the best. I had my strole on July 17 th 2012. I love this board !!

The following user gives a hug of support to flwrme:
mhart (09-23-2012)
Old 09-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #78
(female)

mhart HB Usermhart HB User

flwrme, thanks for writing. I am seeing my primary care tomorrow. I am getting alittle nervous again heading into the fall, my stroke was on Christmas Day and the closer I get to my 1 year anniversary date, the more nervous I get. I have been to two neurologists and even a very decorated one in Boston. They still cannot narrow down the cause, but all agree that I am in so much better health now. I hope Mulchie is reading this. Gotta love Mulchie!! I have lost 63 lbs and go to the gym religiously. I was thrilled to be able to dance at my daughter's wedding on September 2 !! Hope all my healthboard support buddies are doing well.
I am also still on Plavix. Hope they keep me on it for a while, it makes me nervous to think of life without it. I think I would worry so much about another clot.

I will talk to doc about it tomorrow. Primary really doesn't seem to have too many answers. Good luck to you and keep you chin up. Things will get easier. The light at the end of the tunnel isn't always an oncoming train you know.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #79
(female)

sunnysouth HB Usersunnysouth HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhart View Post
I am a 56 yr old female spec educ teacher and while home with my family opening gifts Christmas morning I suffered a stroke. It has been a terrible shock to me and my husband and 2 children. They could not find the source of the stroke. The said I had 3 bloodclots in my brain. It affected my left side but I am lucky enough to have regained 100% use on my left side, there are no lasting physical effects but the emotional, mental, and other effects are terrifying me. I am truly scared. Everything I feel I think is another stroke coming on. They ran every test and could not find what caused it. They are blaming a possible sudden spike in BP. I was on BP meds already and am overweight. I was counting on my neurology appt to answer so many questions and hoping it would ease my mind somewhat, but it didn't. She (dr.) spent almost the entire appt. on her laptop and then told me how lucky I was to have to lasting effects and how much worse other people were.

Now I am feeling so many weird things in my body and don't know what's normal. I still feel tingling and numbness at times and now I am noticing something that almost feels like little electrical shocks??? Someone please help. Next week I have an appt in Boston for a 2nd opinion hoping it may help my overwhelming fears. Can anyone help?? Thanks you so much in advance for your time .
I know how you feel. I had no warning of a stroke, only a slight headache. I have no high blood pressure, I do not smoke. I have had tests from everything from carotid artery, to PAD and calcium scoring. I have mild PAD
and the doctor thinks that caused the stroke. I, too, am frightened, especially
at night since I live alone. I don't sleep well, sometimes no at all for fear that
I will have a stroke that will disable me. My mother had one in 1980 at 63 and her dad had several at 65. My neurologist gives me little information at this time. Seems like a waste of my time to see him. I'm trying memorization, puzzles and anything that will relieve stress. Sure hope you can get some help.

Closed Thread