It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #16
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: How have your strokes changed you for the better?

I feel a great sense of pride for all of us here, particularly those of us who have stick around long enough to become friends and really get involved in our long term recovery together. I have learned so much from each of you, and enjoyed all the stories, good and bad that have created the special bond that we now enjoy, Of course, that is not to take anything away from our newer members, which I know we all hope to have along beside us for a long time too. We have something which is simply indescribable, but might be obvious to others looking in. I hope so, because for those who this kind of thing is helpful, we welcome you.

I greatly look forward to more of these stories of triumph and success, no matter how small it might seem..as we know, it is the smallest things that really matter the most.

Keep the posts coming, each and everyone is just precious and they are such an inspiration to all of us who read them. Thanks in advance..

Janet

Old 02-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #17
(female)

ennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB Userennbee HB User

Janet I could not have said it better. Wonderful people here, each with their own challenges. I have also learned to appreciate the little things but confess I still worry about the future and the slow speed of my physical recovery. I just have faith that it will happen when it happens and try to never complain to my d/h who has had to take on so much for my care and comfort. Every new day is a chance to feel blessed for what we have "It is just a bad day not a bad life"

Blessings
Nancy

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: ennbee
Alberta1967 (02-06-2012), Mulchie (02-06-2012), writeleft (02-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2012, 08:08 AM   #18
(male)

hanxd4 HB User

I'm new here and to this whole world of post-stroke. It has been very inspiring reading through these posts here. I realize how incredibly lucky I am, it's less than a week following my stroke, and I only have a minor residual still around (left side of my face is not as responsive as the right).

For me the best was realizing how much support I have. I'm living 600+ miles away from family and tend to live a quiet life, I play and teach my music, work out a little at the gym, do some cycling, and retire home to play with my doggy. I have my few friends but I was just as happy going for my 100 mile bike ride alone as I was going out with friends. This past week has made me realize how much I do depend on the friendships I've made. It was a wonderful feeling laying in that hospital having a constant stream of visitors offering support and help, from bringing over meals to helping take me places as needed (i'm not allowed to drive or lift anything for several days following the surgery to fix the PFO). Compared to the posts I've seen here it's not much, but for this 31 year old, having this wake-up call has started to teach me to appreciate not just what is around, but who is around me.

Thank you all for the inspiration I've read in the previous postings.
Tim

The following user gives a hug of support to hanxd4:
Alberta1967 (02-13-2012)
Old 02-14-2012, 09:30 PM   #19
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Well Tim, We welcome you with open arms!

There are so many things we can choose to take from all the events in our lives, but when we are hit with something like stroke, that can literally turn your life and that of your family upside down, it can often be very difficult to see past the sheer terror that often jumps right out in front.

With recovery being so different for each of us, there is no one way of going about it. I can see how thankful you are, and as you should be. We look forward to hearing more from you and gracing us with your positive outlook.

Janet

Closed Thread