It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2012, 08:30 PM   #46
(male)

CSI007 HB UserCSI007 HB UserCSI007 HB User
Re: My father had a massive stroke. Mom and I are in serious panic mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by writeleft View Post
I am just checking in today, I came here first to see if there was any news, as well as to assure you that my prayers are with you all, in this time of need.

I just lost both of my parents, my mother in October and my dad 30 days later in November. My mother collapsed on the patio, and broke her neck. We spent 23 days with her in the hospital, with her alert part of the time, and asleep much of the time. When she finally passed away, my dad stopped eating and passed away himself 30 days later..I still hardly believe it. But I do know what is like to sit at your parents side day after day, night after night, and one after another in my case. Please take time for yourself, to reflect and to remember the best of times you had together. Everything is in the lords hands at this point, and never forget that miracles happen everyday in this world of ours.

As you can see, us here at the stroke board, are behind you 100%, and only want the best for your dad, your mom and yourself. I don't know if there are other siblings, aunts or uncles, but if there are, love and support to them as well.

Dont forget to keep yourself hydrated and rested, this is such a difficult time on your entire body and spirit. Thank you for sharing your experience with us, and take good care..

Janet
Janet,
So sorry about your loses. I can't even imagine.

Quick update tonight. I went and saw my dad. He looks really bad. His face is so emaciated looking now. He is coughing up so much blood from the lungs. His platelets are very low...

His albumin is low and he is leaking so much fluid from his belly feeding tube. They are changing his bandages and bed cloths 5 and 6 times a day.

His eyes were opened and he moved his left arm and foot some today but he rally is not listening to anyone at all.

If his kidney function worsens in the next day or so my mom and I may move him to comfort care. So hard to see him like this...and if his secondary things get better there is such a huge question mark with his brain and function beyond what he is doing now.

Is the anyone in particular we can ask for for a consult for perhaps more guidence on the future chances of recovery? Any brain scans we can ask for to see if anything is working up there?

Please pray for us to have the strength to do what is right for my dad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2012, 01:04 AM   #47
(female)

mary63 HB Usermary63 HB User

Hello there...sending you more love and strength- Just when you don't think there's anything left you will find enough to keep going for your loved one. Just in case you haven't been told this...never give up hope. My husband was younger at 48 (1 year ago) but had a massive stroke. He wasn't expected to live the night, the weekend, then to make it through one chest infection..then the next. But he did. He couldn't move at all- only could blink but he certainly heard and saw us and knew he wanted to keep going. They weren't going to feed him but we said please. Eventually the PEG was put in. 5 months later it was removed as he could swallow again.
You can never underestimate how or what will recover after brain damage- i have discovered.
We had the hospice involved initially.
Its a rollercoaster of hard and harder. (Esp having to deal with the outside world too)
I certainly felt that the Medical staff including the doctors really didn't know what the outcome would be either!
I am sorry this probably isn't much use to you but I am sure he feels very loved and supported. I wish you all the best and you are welcome to talk to me...
xxx Mary

Old 03-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #48
(male)

Hello everyone,
I am sorry to say that my Dad's condition is really bad now. His kidneys and liver are really going south in a hurry. Was just informed he now has sepsis as well.

My Mom and I made the decision yesterday to stop all treatment and make him as comfortable as possible. His kidneys and liver are just getting worse and worse and on top of it all he now has sepsis.

He is being moved to hospice today.

I want to thank each and every one of you for your help and compassion.

The following user gives a hug of support to CSI007:
mary63 (03-20-2012)
Old 03-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #49
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

We will continue to pray for all of you. God bless you for all the love and care you have given your dad. You have been and continue to be a wonderful care giver. If you need us we are here.
God Bless Mulchie

Old 03-28-2012, 08:32 PM   #50
(male)

My Dad passed away this evening peacefully. He was a wonderful father, husband and grandfather. There is nothing in this world that he wouldn't do for his family.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: CSI007
mary63 (03-28-2012), Mulchie (03-29-2012)
Old 03-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #51
(female)

Jaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB UserJaye66 HB User

I am so sorry, I know how much it hurts to lose a parent. You and your mom did everything possible to give your dad a chance and hopefully that will give you some peace. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #52
(female)

ceedeebee HB User

I am so sorry to hear this. I wish I had the perfect words to share that would provide you with some great comfort. You sound like you did all you can, and that your Dad was a wonderful man. May God grant you peace. Huge hugs to you.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #53
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Know that you and your family are in our prayers. We are here for you if you need us. We all have broad shoulders and we are good listeners.
Sending many prayers and hugs your way. God Bless Mulchie

Old 03-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #54
(male)

farh HB User

I am a 25 years old.i had a spontaneous cerebellar haemorrhage which was due to the fact that left side of my brain had a blood clot.and i am fortunate enough to tell you that all these things are associated to the part of the brain that has been hit with blood..i was facing similar circumstances.i had on going set of nasuea and headaches .whenever i turned my head around to either side , i used to vomit straight away.i could not even walk myself to toilet.but now i am walking and getting back to normal.all i can say is that all these things are pretty much temporary and once that blood clot will go .these things will fade as well.ur dad needs ur love n care.yes sleeping is pretty much normal.infact he needs to sleep abit more than normal.let him sleep as this is normal too.

Closed Thread

Tags
bleeding, stroke