It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
(female)

Vividangel1984 HB User
Poor survival rate

I was doing research on retinal artery occlusion, which I have and is being treated. But it really bothered me when most articles say that there is a poor survival rate. 56% of people die within 7 years, mostly due to cardiovascular disease. I don't really have any symptoms of cardiovascuar disease such as angina. Does this mean that the 56% of people who died, were not treated? This scares me very much, and I was almost in tears when I read this. I looked at every article, and none of them give a glimmer of hope. All of them said I was doomed to die.

The following user gives a hug of support to Vividangel1984:
Mulchie (02-29-2012)
Old 02-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: Poor survival rate

Hello
Can you explain to me what that is. Is it hardening of the arteries that causes it and this is the diagnosis. I need a little more info if you dont mind sharing. I do know one thing, stop reading what everyone thinks might happen and start researching what you can do to reverse it. Now days with all the knowledge and all the advancement in medical tech I would really hate for you to accept that diagnosis. The doctors told me many negative and limiting things about my recovery and they just were not true. Im not saying what you have and what your reading is not true because I am no doctor but what I have learned and what has gotten my back up is this drawing a line and the medical field thinking nothing can cross that line. Well I am living proof of crossing that line and so are many people that are here.
What about the 44% that do survive. If I were you I would hop on that train and figure out what they did to survive. I am so sorry you are scared. Please give me more info and I might have a book you should read. Looking forward to hearing from you
God Bless Mulchie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
(female)

Vividangel1984 HB User

Yes, its hardening of the arteries that causes this. It's when a piece of ruptured plaque breaks off and it gets stuck in the eye causing temporary blindness. Usually from the carotid artery. I'm guessing when they say that the majority of them die is from ruptured plaque from the cornary artery.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

OK there is a lot of research gone into reversing Hardening of the arteries. I really good book called the spectrum explains this doctors idea's behind reversing artery damage. Their are foods and things you can do to lower the inflammation in your body and to make your arteries plyable again. I know some people look at this stuff and dont believe it but I tell ya I have done a ton of research in this area and I believe it. I watched a profound show on Dr. Oz and they proved it by a man who was waiting for a heart transplant and a nurse who's arteries were blocking. They both avoided surgery. They showed the arteries and heart in stages using high tech pictures showing the difference it made. I was blown away by the difference it can make. Seriously start researching the 44 % they might be the ones who switched diet and way of life and the food they ate and crossed that line over to survival. These doctors dont just believe you can stop the damage they also believe you can reverse it. It is really really worth researching. Good luck to you and if I can help you in any way please let me know. God Bless Mulchie

The Following User Says Thank You to Mulchie For This Useful Post:
Vividangel1984 (02-29-2012)
Old 02-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
(female)

Vividangel1984 HB User

Are the foods diabetic friendly? Being diabetic is tricky, cause even healthy foods can raise my blood sugar like starches and grains. If its not any trouble, can you send me a link? I will pm you my e-mail address. I'm doing everythign possible to avoid surgery. I've already lost 20 lbs. Haven't had an eye attack in a long time. But I'm deathly afraid of another one, and if it does happen I might consider surgery to open up my arteries. Doctor has put me on aspirin to thin my blood and avoid blood clots, but I'm still paranoid a lot. Hard to be comfortable and relaxed. :/

Old 02-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User

Hi Vividangel,
I like your name First I want to say that I have know idea about retinal artery occlusion so I can't comment. but I can give you support and hope. did you have a stroke also? and is that a symptom from you stroke? I am so sorry you are afraid and crying about this but is understandable. I don't know why doctors are always so negative to there patients, but they are. I have a major stroke in Jan. 2010 and had little memory and could not read or write. My doctor said if I didn't recover in 3 months, I would stay that way. Well, they were wrong. It took me quite awhile, but I am here reading and writing and talking to others.

In the summer of 2011 I got a blood bacteria infection. It was really serious. I was in hopital for 20 days until my insurance ran out and they sent me home. But I had an IV for an extra 6 weeks of antibiotics and I did myself. At the hospital the doctor told my wife, by blood was so infected, I had a 50% change to make it. Well, at least he didn't tell me and just my wife. She told me that after I made it, she was worried sick about it. So my point is, don't listen to everything you hear or read. You have to get knowledge of you condition, but you can just take a little salt with everything you read or hear. Take the good stuff, and throw the bad stuff away.

After we where home after my stroke and I was still confused, my wife said if you are not better in 3 months you are going to stay like this and she started crying. And I told her. I don't believe it. You watch me and let's wait and see what happens. So you can't forget about the will of the human spirit, a positive attitude no matter what, and a faith in God who will guide you through your journey.

I hope this helped and I wish you only goodness and happiness,
God Bless,
Tim

Last edited by Positive Cynic; 02-29-2012 at 11:43 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Positive Cynic:
Vividangel1984 (02-29-2012)
Old 02-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
(female)

Vividangel1984 HB User

From what I heard, an eye stroke is a form of TIA, but it didn't affect my brain, only my eye. So I never had a brain attack, minor or major. Just an eye stroke. Never got the usualy symptoms of stroke such as numbness in face or dizziness. So its weird, but it does put me at risk for a brain stroke.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

I know its hard to not worry. Oh the fear I felt just after my stroke just froze my spirit. It really was a whole new level of scared. But I found when you grab hold of the control button and you are doing everything you can to prevent another occurance and your doing everything you can to be well eventually your fear begins to melt and become less dominant. When you are working so hard and it sounds like you are wow 20 pounds thats mega help to your arteries. When you are working so hard eventually you just become carefree about it and say, "Well Im doing everything I can to prevent another one and make my self well so bring it on life. Bring on what ever you have for me and it better be good". There comes a point when we have to let it go and you will know when that time comes. When you realize you have worried enough and life no matter how long or how short its got to be better than this worrying all the time. Worry becomes a burden we taken on ourselves and it many times is a waste of life because it's events that never come to be and it steels your joy, our energy our will to enjoy life.
I will see tomorrow if I can find some info for you on the web. If you could get the book it would be great. Its called THE SPECTRUM. I dont imagine you will have a problem with your diabetic diet incorporating the new foods into it. I received your email address so I will do this tomorrow. Sorry I am out of energy tonight and going to be calling it an early night. Keep up the good work and try and find your peace.
God Bless Mulchie

Closed Thread