It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2012, 02:28 AM   #1
(female)

skerley305 HB User
Just had my third stroke

Well, I'm back. this past Wed.I got up from a nap and had had another stroke; my third one. I couldn't see again because of the "white noise" in my eyes. Does anyone else do that? anyway, I tried to call my doc. but I couldn't see her number so I got my husband and told him to call her but he called 911 insteownd. long story short I did have another stroke. Just got home from hospital again geez. Doc doesn't know what caused this one-all my numbers were low-I had been working hard to recover from my first two strokes and this happened anyway. Now I am really scared to lay downand take a nap. Going to bed at night is so hard for me; I am afraid I will wake up and not be able to see. Does anyone else have a fear of sleeping? What do you do about that? This time I did not come out with left side paralysis only my speech was messed u So back to therapy I go. And I was doing so good from before!

Old 03-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: Just had my third stroke

Oh I am so sorry you had another stroke. You were doing so well and Im sure you will continue to do well but I agree you did not need another one.
I was very afraid to go to sleep and spent many nights sitting at the side of my bed. When enough time passed and I realized I had been saved for something I got my nerve back and found the courage to go to sleep. I have had two strokes and they were never sure why. Some blamed it on the medication I was on . But not two doctors could agree.
Please insist on better care. These doctors better find out why this is happening.
Your in my prayers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
(female)

skerley305 HB User
Re: Just had my third stroke

I am so glad to find out I am not the only one who is scared to go to sleep!!! My family is after acme all the time to just go to sleep they don't understand that my last two strokes happened when I slept. I stay up at night until I fall asleep on the couch I can't help it I am TERRIFIED of sleeping. It is hard getting through the day without a nap but I am so scared!!! I can't have another stroke I am afraid it will take what vision I have left which is not much right now!!! I am hanging on a thread that someday I will get my vision back.Thank you for letting me know I amnot crazy for feeling this way!!!

Closed Thread