It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User
Worried about blood clot

I was in labor 7 days ago, a few days later I had left sided neck pain that has gotten worse-to the point I can't move head side to side or roll over in bed my dr prescribed an NSAID which gives relief he thinks it's muscular but the pain is so intense I can't function. It is a throbbing pain at the base of my neck. No redness or swelling-does this sound like a clot? It's gotten much much worse from when it started

I worry as I know clots can be an issue Pre post delivery

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: Worried about blood clot

You should insist on a ct scan to rule out your fears. Labour is intense and it could be you strained muscles. I am NO doctor and by no means giving you advice just telling you my experiences. I have suffered with neck and shoulder pain my whole life. It can get very intense. Im not saying its not a blood clot and you most defently should insist on proper care from you doctor. I once had pain so bad running from my neck up into my head I could even stand the car ride into the hospital. You should if its that unbearable head to hospital and get checked out. Make sure they address your fears. Good luck and let us know how your doing.
God Bless Mulchie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulchie View Post
You should insist on a ct scan to rule out your fears. Labour is intense and it could be you strained muscles. I am NO doctor and by no means giving you advice just telling you my experiences. I have suffered with neck and shoulder pain my whole life. It can get very intense. Im not saying its not a blood clot and you most defently should insist on proper care from you doctor. I once had pain so bad running from my neck up into my head I could even stand the car ride into the hospital. You should if its that unbearable head to hospital and get checked out. Make sure they address your fears. Good luck and let us know how your doing.
God Bless Mulchie
Thanks Mulchie-was your pain muscular?

Old 03-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Yes my pain was musclar. They gave me some type of shot at the hospital sent me home with anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers and it made the world of difference. I go the chiropractor now to keep it in check. I also have exercises I do at home to reverse it if I feel it coming on. However, I still think you should have your fears addressed. If you agree with your doctor and you are convienced its muscle I can share some of the exercises with you. God Bless Mulchie

Old 03-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

How are you making out. Is the pain any better?

Old 03-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulchie View Post
How are you making out. Is the pain any better?
It's still there mildly but so much Btr-I've never had pain so severe. Now however I'm getting alot of occular migraines but I suppose if it were a clot the pain in my neck wouldn't get Btr but worse

I am still requesting an MRI due to my headaches too....

Old 03-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Yes an MRI will ease your fears and let you get on with the healing. I can honestly say the pain I had that time from my neck into my head was probably one of the worst pains I ever had. Labour is pretty intense ( as you know) its not surprising you would jar a few muscles. You just were not expecting such a sever reaction from your body. Im glad your pain is going away. Im glad your doing better, keep in touch
God Bless Mulchie

Closed Thread