It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #31
(female)

tinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB User
Re: Well, I AM BACK!

That is such good news. Impressive. My anniversary is also December, 2 years ago. You seem to be way ahead of me. Happy for you. Thankfully do not need to work. Too old anyway.

I still have numbness and heaviness, bizarre inefficiency apparently due to that fatigue and sometimes inability to organize. But today was one of the best days I've had. So, clearly, improvement occurs even if sometimes it can seem otherwise. We'll celebrate December.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #32
(female)

Iwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB User

Wonderful news! That gave me chills! I am so happy for you! I hope all yours days continue to be great!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2012, 06:08 AM   #33
(male)

goldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB User

UPDATE!; My recovery goes on and gets better with each passing day! I drove my car 1800. miles to Wisconsin by myself and then did it again to return home!. I have increased my working hours and now work 5 days a week without trouble. I have my vision returned to me 100% and have full use of my left side that was affected from my stroke. My wife and I went out dancing the Fox trot last weekend!. This coming December will be my 1 year stroke anniversary!.

Last edited by goldsworthy; 11-25-2012 at 06:10 AM.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #34
(female)

tinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB User

That's such great news. We are cheering with you. Keep us posted.

Old 11-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #35
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

You are such an inspiration to us all. Very encouraging to read your post. You make me not give up on my driving. I am so happy for you.
God Bless Mulchie

Old 05-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #36
(male)

goldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB User

I am now close to reaching my 2 year post stroke life!. I know the risk of another stroke is there but has been reduced due to the time passed from my stroke. I continue to drive, work, and go on cruise vacations.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #37
(female)

shug767 HB Usershug767 HB Usershug767 HB Usershug767 HB User

Goldsworthy,
I'm so glad you are still doing well and that you posted again because I never saw your original post nor the letter from your brain.
It brought tears to my eyes and sure brought home some things for me.
Thanks SO VERY much for that.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #38
(female)

daughter 01 HB User

Goldsworthy, I want to congratulate you on all your success! My father just had his stroke this past April, and reading through your posts has given me such encouragement that I can pass along to him.
You are such an inspiration! God bless you!

Old 10-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #39
(male)

Exclamation Not again!

Well, always good until 32 days ago. I woke up in bed and the celling was now the floor. I was having ANOTHER STROKE!. I suffered a second stroke much worse then the first. I can not walk balance is WAY OFF!. I lived however and am having extensive PT. I think I am recovering how ever can not tell how much at this time

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: goldsworthy
Iwamura (10-28-2013), shug767 (10-25-2013)
Old 10-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #40
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User
Re: Not again!

g’day Goldsworthy,
Mate, I am saddened to hear for your impending stroke. It must have been horrendous. I know you’re not going let this stroke stop you making a full recovery. With your guts, determination and will power, it won’t be long before you’re up on feet and driving the stick shift again. There’s no reason for you not to make a full recovery. You did it once you can do it again.
Remember slow and easy, time is your best mate. Please keep in touch.
I would like to wish you the very best.
George.........

Old 10-25-2013, 01:22 AM   #41
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User
Re: Not again!

g’day Goldsworthy,
Mate, I am saddened to hear for your impending stroke. It must have been horrendous. I know you’re not going let this stroke stop you making a full recovery. With your guts, determination and will power, it won’t be long before you’re up on feet and driving the stick shift again. There’s no reason for you not to make a full recovery. You did it once you can do it again.
Remember slow and easy, time is your best mate. Please keep in touch.
I would like to wish you the very best.
George.........

Old 10-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #42
(male)

guyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB User

It is great to see you back. May your recovery continue and god bless.

Reply Reply