It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
(female)

Alberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB User
Talking Does anyone have the Baclofen Pump???

I am getting to used to botox I gues, it is not working like it used to. So now I am looking into the pain pump. For some stange reason my Botox doctor does not want me to get it. He told me that I will not be able to go out of town as I would have to stay close to my pain doctor, which I told have yet. I don't think that is a good enough reason not to get it. Any feed back would be great. Thanks so much. Alberta

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
(male)

coupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB User
Re: Does anyone have the Baclofen Pump???

two reasons for me not to do it come to mind,
#1 foreign object in my body. #2 if like pacemakers for heart? batteries run down, need opened back up to replace.

good luck and god bless Alberta

Larry/coupe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
(female)

Alberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB User

Batteries?? Really? That thought never enter my head.I guess it would take them,but I really can not take the pain. The Botox is wearing off much to soon. My hand is wanting to claw up again. Alberta

The following user gives a hug of support to Alberta1967:
coupe (06-04-2012)
Old 06-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
(male)

coupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB Usercoupe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta1967 View Post
Batteries?? Really? That thought never enter my head.I guess it would take them,but I really can not take the pain. The Botox is wearing off much to soon. My hand is wanting to claw up again. Alberta
yes Alberta, they Run on batteries. my wife's pain management doctor wants to implant a morphine pump into her back for pain following 9 back surgeries. the batteries last about 4-5 years he told her. the unit itself is about the size of 3 1/2 dollar coins stacked together, not real big. thus far, she has opted against it. and has continued with medication for both back pain and stomach pain after at least 30 stomach surgeries. a few of those to remove scar tissue in her stomach. she develops scar tissue a lot, and afraid more scar tissue could develop onto and into the pain pump causing even a need for more future surgeries.

just letting you see the other side of the coin!

good luck and god bless

Larry/coupe

Last edited by coupe; 06-04-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Closed Thread