It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
(female)

Kaycon HB UserKaycon HB User
Need an Energy Boost any Ideas

Hello all my friends, has anyone got any ideas on boosting energy levels. Even after 3yrs I still get the feeling of heaviness and everything is such an effort. It's like someone is pushing me from the top of my head and pushing me down so my arm and leg feel like lead weights, I was hoping this feeling would go but hey ho it's still there. I also still get woozy head, the doctor is now telling me it's positional vertigo it does come and go so she is probably right but it really gets you down.
On the funny side, I assaulted a woman with a pound of sausages!! for some reason I picked them up in my left hand (my affected side) now my left hand will either grab hold and not let go or it flings things with vigour, so for that reason I don't pick things up with it, but this day I was chatting and completely forgot grabbed the sausages and off they went and hit this woman on her arm she went beserk and all I could do was giggle at her whilst bending down to pick my sausages up off the floor, I did say I am so sorry but she was having none of it, she wouldn't have it to be that I had had a stroke and just kept ranting on even as she was walking away. So in one way I was chuffed that she thought there was nothing wrong with me but on the other hand I still couldn't eat my sausages so not so chuffed on that one.
Hope you are all well, and looking forward to Tim coming back.
Take care
Kay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: Need an Energy Boost any Ideas

Dear Kay
You made me laugh I hope that was intentional. It will always be a story you can tell, and I love the first line, "I assulted a woman with a pound of sausage." Too Funny.
Keep your sence of humor its always a good thing to have and some days its all we have to get through the day.
I am sorry you are still having an energy problem. It has been a topic of conversation with my husband and I lately. Like yourself I cant shake off this feeling of exhaustion. Like Janet says you either have the energy or you dont, there is no inbetween. I hope this post is making sence because right now my eyes half closed and Im bagged. But I just had to answer your post before heading to bed. Its been 2 years June 21 since my stroke and 3 years since your stroke. We will continue to hope for improvement. We will never give up.
God Bless Mulchie

Old 06-06-2012, 02:38 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User

G’day Kaycon
Hope you and all your family are as well as can be. I had my stroke on 18 03 2010, I still feel low on energy most days. Towards the end of the day is the worst time for me.
My emotions play havoc with my energy levels, some days it really hard to get motived your energy levels are so low.
I found getting a good night’s sleep and keeping hydrated helps me maintain the best possible energy level I can. A good balanced diet and regular exercise is also beneficial.
Now sleeping is a real task for me no matter how worn down I am. I don’t know if my sleeping will become more regular or not, but I’m real grateful when I do get some regular sleep.
Hope I helped.
George

Old 06-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #4
(male)

eemgee HB Usereemgee HB User

Hello Kay, like you I had my stroke 3 & a half years ago & still suffer low energy levels usually after a long day of doing not much or after a short walk of a few hundred yards or trying a few simple gardening jobs, like you everything is such an effort. I, also like you, still get a woozy head, but I doubt its BPPV
I went to a neurological pyshiotherapist but he determined it to be as a result of the stroke not a problem with the inner ear.
As GOINGTORUN wrote a good diet & plenty of sleep should help, I know I feel a lot better after a good nights sleep of 8 hours.
I haven't posted here for quite some time, but I regularly looked in to see what everyone is up to.
I too am looking forward to Tim coming back, I'm sure it won't be long, everyone here on the stroke board is like family & its like a family member is missing so come back soon Tim
Best regards to everyone
Wayne

Closed Thread