It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
(male)

Mike Dale HB User
Recent stroke hearing issue

I had multiple medium sized strokes last Wed (5-30). on the rt side of my brain. I am recovering well. Still have a head ache, arm pain and I cannot touch anything warm.

The most aggravating thing righ now is I think a family of crickets are living in my left ear and its driving me crazy.

Is this something anyone else has experienced?

Thanks

Mike

The following user gives a hug of support to Mike Dale:
sjb (06-07-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Recent stroke hearing issue

Hi Welcome to health boards! I hope the needed support is received. Was the stroke from a clot or an aneurysm?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Hi Mike and welcome to our board.
I am so sorry to hear of your strokes but it sounds like your recovering well. With stroke you must remember that how you are now is not how you will be 6 months from now. Your stroke just occured and your poor brain took a hit. Remember it must heal and recover and time given for the swelling to go down. Be kind to yourself and allow this time to heal. What you are experiencing with the noise in your ears I did not have that. However in my recover there have been many sypmtoms that have gone. I went from wheel chair to walker to cane and most times I only take the cane if I am out in public for my balance. My migranes are gone, my periferal vision is much better, my sensativity to light and noise are much much better. My nerve pain is much better only acting up when I have done too much. My drop foot the same only if I have gone beyond my activity then it reminds me its still there. As for the crickets I cant help you with that but remember, you are just at the beginning of your healing. And it is never over till its over. Remember you were saved for a reason. Keep posting and let us know how your doing.
God Bless Mulchie

The Following User Says Thank You to Mulchie For This Useful Post:
sjb (06-07-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
(male)

Mike Dale HB User

Thanks for the reply and yes I know that I was very blessed to have had what I had and be as good as I currently am.

My dogs are very encouraged to be assisting in my therapy. They love walking and I need to walk so it is a very good partnership.

I read this board for 4 hours last night, learning all I can

The following user gives a hug of support to Mike Dale:
Mulchie (06-07-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

It sounds like your on the right track. Knowledge is so helpful in this battle for recovery. I think thats what so great about this board. There are people who can not do the research they need to find solutions to what ever they are battling. When we share information it helps those who can only read our posts. So feel free to let us know what works or doesnt work for you in your recovery.
It is amazing how Dogs respond to us when we are ill. I have a golden retriever and he has not left my side since my stroke. Its two years on June 21 and honestly sometimes I have to ask him for a time out so we can have a break from one another. If Im in the family room so is he, if im outside so is he, if im cooking so is he. LOL They know that we are struggling they feel our pain and our sadness. They want to comfort us. So I think thats great you have double the help I do so Im sure you are well loved and cared for LOL. Good luck and keep pushing forward in your recovery. Read lots of posts because there is a wealth of information at this board from those who know best. "Stroke Survivors."
God Bless Mulchie

Last edited by Mulchie; 06-07-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #6
(female)

Sandy Caregiver HB UserSandy Caregiver HB UserSandy Caregiver HB UserSandy Caregiver HB User

there is a possibility that it is another problem that is a coincidence showing up at the time of your stroke. Do a search on chirping in ears.

Closed Thread