It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #1
(male)

Fastfreddy HB User
Unhappy Hello all. Small stroke newbie here.

Just found this board and will learn and share my experiences. MRI showed small stroke causing strange numbness on left side of face and left hand. Muscles are not affected. MRI was last week. These feelings I've had about 2 weeks. I believe it was caused by me falling asleep without my BPAP on and being woke up 3 hours later during an event. My sleep study 11 years ago showed I stop breathing 58 times an hour 20 sec or longer. I always wear my mask, even just laying down for a while. My blood sugar is good, my cholestoral is good. BP is high lately. Going thru a stressful divorce. My Doctor said to take aspirin, increase fish oil caps, ester C and have an appointment this coming Tuesday. This kinda freaked me out, telling me I had a stroke and to increase my supplements. I have not told my kids or wife. I have only missed work 7 hours. That was for the MRI and then after I got the news. I am worried I'm a ticking timebomb and could spark out at any time. I am heading out to do some fishing with my daughter today. I am looking forward to reading and learning from this board!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: Hello all. Small stroke newbie here.

Hello and Welcome
I am so glad you found the board. It will be a great help to you. I am so sorry you had this stroke an life is so stressful for you. For what ever reason you had the stroke be it stress or your sleep apnea, you might never no. You eventually begin to believe you were saved for a reason. Having a stroke is life altering. Your brain takes a hit and no matter how large or how small there is a recovery period, a time we must allow our bodies to heal. It sounds like you have not given much time to healing. You need it and deserve it.
Reading posts is a great way to learn about stroke and what to expect in recovery. If you have questions please post them here and keep us updated on your recovery.
God Bless Mulchie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
apnea, stroke