It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
(female)

jlh1 HB Userjlh1 HB Userjlh1 HB Userjlh1 HB User
Heart rate

Hi everyone, havent been on in a little while. I have been getting used to how I am and tryinr to gractice things to work on improving. I had managed to get up to walking close to twp mines in a day and then I started having a really hard time, I now cant go upstairs or accros a parking lot whithout being out of breath, I finally had my two month follow up with my neuro yesterday and beside a few other conderns that he had I have a low heart rate, it was around 45 resring, higher 40s sitting and went up to 56 standing. I am ghetting blood work done this week and then some teting to see is my artery is till fully occluded, he also wants to se if my stroke progressed or if im having some sort of back clood flw thing (he lost me on that one.) I ended upmore confused and rather than try to follow it I just decidede to go with it, get the blood work and follow directions from there an do what imt old. I get confused to easily to keep up everything.

Anyway point is anyone have a drop n heart rate after their stroke? He was talking abput some nerves near my artery that when triggered effect ypur pulse and that they may have been efected. My mother was with me and was having a hard time folowing him as well. Also said could be ither things, thats why nolod work I guess to rule them out first. When I had my daughter just over a year ago my heart rate was usually in the upper 70s at all my dr visits. Not sure iom making sense or not, sorry.

The following user gives a hug of support to jlh1:
Positive Cynic (06-23-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User
Re: Heart rate

Hi jlh1,
Great to hear from you again. Don't worry, your post makes perfect sense. Sorry you are having other issues. I personally have not had low heart rate. But I am not surprised though. I have found that many odds things happen to our bodies after a stroke. I do know that while our brains are re-wiring around the dead spot in our brain and sometimes they "misfire". May send a message to the wrong place. That is why some days we may feel absolutely normal and the next day feel like crap.

If I remember correctly, you are still young in your stroke recovery. The first few months after a stroke are crucial for you to rest when your body tells you to. In my opinion, trying to walk 2 miles right after your stroke may be putting to much stress on your body and brain. I know we all want to "get back to normal" as soon as we can, but we have to work with our stroke not against it. To work with stroke - you must listen to what your brain is telling you. When it tells you that you are tired, then rest, sleep, or take a nap. Many of us sleep at odd times of the day after a stroke. Don't fight it. Understand that your brain is altered from the stroke and you have to get used to the "new you".

I sure hope that this is not anything too serious for you my friend. Do you remember Janet (writeleft) from this board? I am pretty sure that she has had problems with low heart rate. I know that she is busy right now with personal matters, but when I talk to her again, I will make sure and mention this to her and I know she will have more knowledge about this situation than I do. But I will close with this one thing that I tell every stroke survivor. Drink as much water as you can and rest whenever you are tired. These little things are important and seemed to help me recover quicker. Try not to worry, o.k.? You have friends here that care about you and only want the best for you.

God Bless,
Tim

Old 06-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
(female)

Sandy Caregiver HB UserSandy Caregiver HB UserSandy Caregiver HB UserSandy Caregiver HB User

My husband had good blood pressure, pulse rate and cholesterol numbers before his stroke. When he did a stress test, they finally told him to get off because his heart rate wouldn't go up, since he was used to running. However, after the stroke, now he has high blood pressure and even sitting, his pulse is 90, I don't know what to do about it. I had to finally insist on someone dealing with his blood pressure, and we are trying to figure out if it is the right amount for him, seems it doesn't last long, and his pulse stays high. Don't know what to think or do.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
(female)

Casey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB UserCasey991 HB User

Hi jlh1,
So glad to see you back. It sounds to me like you've been given a lot of verbal information that's new and hard to follow. I'd say to go along with the testing and then get a written report of the findings and recommendations. You can read through it and see if it makes more sense or take it with you for a second opinion, if necessary.

In the meantime, exercise as much as you can, eat right and don't worry (I know easy for me to say!).

Please let us know how you are doing.

Casey

Old 06-28-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
(female)

jlh1 HB Userjlh1 HB Userjlh1 HB Userjlh1 HB User

Well all my blood work came back good so on to the next test hoping to find something that can be helped i'll keep everyone updated.

The following user gives a hug of support to jlh1:
Positive Cynic (06-29-2012)
Closed Thread