It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
(male)

guyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB User
Infarctions deep in right side

Well the results came back that there are infarctions deep in the right side of my brain. The nurse told me this could cause further brain damage. Wow talk about stress. I have a second chance with the possibility of more damage. Well I guess there is nothing to do. Wow.

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: guyp
goingtorun (07-18-2012), jlh1 (07-16-2012), Mulchie (07-17-2012), writeleft (07-23-2012)
Old 07-17-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: Infarctions deep in right side

I am so sorry your news was not better news. Can you explain a little more to me. Why is there a possibility the damage may continue. Are there no treatments or methods of stopping this. I have never heard of this. I am so sorry. If you feel like telling us more please do and if youfeel like ranting, Rant away my friend. We are here for you. Please let us help.
God Bless Mulchie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
(male)

guyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB User

The doctor has referred me to a neuroradiologist. He will read the films and give me more information. I will let everyone know. As my stroke progresses I've noticed that where I had the horrible tingling is now becoming numb and heavy. It still moves good. It is just different. I will be alright. It is scary with any change. My back is also numb with the left side of my chest. I don't feel bad just different.

The following user gives a hug of support to guyp:
Mulchie (07-18-2012)
Old 07-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #4
(female)

jlh1 HB Userjlh1 HB Userjlh1 HB Userjlh1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyp View Post
The doctor has referred me to a neuroradiologist. He will read the films and give me more information. I will let everyone know. As my stroke progresses I've noticed that where I had the horrible tingling is now becoming numb and heavy. It still moves good. It is just different. I will be alright. It is scary with any change. My back is also numb with the left side of my chest. I don't feel bad just different.
I also do not understand, it sounds like it is progressing but not sure if that is what you mean and if so is it from dammage already done and symptoms of that just starting to show or is the stroke still progressing. I just had an angio to try and foind out if my stroke has progressed or os progrssing and other things related to complications. Sorry, not sure im making much sense tonight.

The following user gives a hug of support to jlh1:
Mulchie (07-19-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to jlh1 For This Useful Post:
guyp (07-20-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 02:31 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User

G’day Guyp,
Hope you and all your loved ones are well and in good spirits.
Mate you got plenty to do, you must keep positive, don’t get down on yourself.
Trust me, I know how hard it is, when everything looks bleak and gloomy, that when you have to dig deep and keep your spirits high.
A good friend of mine, who happened to be an stroke survivor of 18 years plus, said to me very early in the piece, “do you like the why you are now, give up and that’s how you’ll stay, don’t give up you may or may not get better, but one thing is for sure you won’t get old wondering what if.”
Guyp keep in touch, God bless.
George

Old 07-22-2012, 02:32 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User
Thumbs up Re: Infarctions deep in right side

Gíday Guyp,
Hope you and all your loved ones are well and in good spirits.
Mate you got plenty to do, you must keep positive, donít get down on yourself.
Trust me, I know how hard it is, when everything looks bleak and gloomy, that when you have to dig deep and keep your spirits high.
A good friend of mine, who happened to be an stroke survivor of 18 years plus, said to me very early in the piece, ďdo you like the why you are now, give up and thatís how youíll stay, donít give up you may or may not get better, but one thing is for sure you wonít get old wondering what if.Ē
Guyp keep in touch, God bless.
George

Old 07-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
(male)

The best way for me too explain what is happening is that my arm is getting heavier and my wrist feels like there is a tight leather band around it as well as my fingers on my left hand. The back of my leg feels like there is a stip of dead muscle running from my hip to my knee. My left foot has a band around it and my toes have no feeling when I try to move them. They do move.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Hello Guyp,

So it sounds like you have had a right side stroke and you have been affected on your left side. May I ask, when did this happen to you?

Hey, we are glad you found us. We can help you as you go through this. We have all gone through it too. There is lots to it, but take it one minute at a time. It does get better. Writing about it really helps too. It has helped me a lot! We are here for you...

Janet

Old 07-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #9
(male)

June 17 2012

Old 07-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #10
(male)

Thanks George,

Old 07-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #11
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh1 View Post
I also do not understand, it sounds like it is progressing but not sure if that is what you mean and if so is it from dammage already done and symptoms of that just starting to show or is the stroke still progressing. I just had an angio to try and foind out if my stroke has progressed or os progrssing and other things related to complications. Sorry, not sure im making much sense tonight.
Yes you are making sense. I think that my numbness showing up is from damage from the stroke. It is kind of unnerving as I don't really know what to expect. If I knew it probably wouldn't make it much better.

The following user gives a hug of support to guyp:
jlh1 (07-27-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #12
(female)

jlh1 HB Userjlh1 HB Userjlh1 HB Userjlh1 HB User

I think the begining is the scariest, and no one can tell you what to expect. They are waiting for you to tell them whats happening to you. When things start improving there will be days that go backward and scare you and then after a few of those it gets better again. If your not a patient person (like me) you will learn to be. Hang in there, it does get better and the fears get better too.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #13
(male)

Thank you.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #14
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlh1 View Post
I think the begining is the scariest, and no one can tell you what to expect. They are waiting for you to tell them whats happening to you. When things start improving there will be days that go backward and scare you and then after a few of those it gets better again. If your not a patient person (like me) you will learn to be. Hang in there, it does get better and the fears get better too.
How did the gp appointment go. Hopefully well. Thank you for allowing me to vent. I sorry if I sounded sad as i am new in the stroke end of it. Here's hoping the best and a speedy and numb free recovery

Closed Thread