It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
(female)

jlh1 HB Userjlh1 HB Userjlh1 HB Userjlh1 HB User
Odd sensation in left leg

So Ive been having the numbness and tingling for the last few months and it has increased some, I am having tests done on circulation and pulse isses to see ehats goimg on. Twice this week my left leg has been hard to move to the point where I have a hard time walking and almost drag it, a few minutes ago while lying in bed I got a new sensation, it felt like my leg was resting on a rolled up towel otr maybe the blanket was bunched under my leg, I moved my leg and it followed, I lifted my leg and the same thing. Its as if a muscle in my leg feels like it doesnt belong to me, Like when somethings stuck on your shoe and you fel it when you walk but its 'inside' my leg, cant explain it any better, anyone know what I am talking about, its got me a little freaked out.

The following user gives a hug of support to jlh1:
Mulchie (07-31-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: Od sensation in left leg

Hello
The sensation you are describing was similar to how my foot felt during stoke. Im sorry I dont remember but how long has it been since your stroke. Is this on the side that was effected or is this something totally new. I would be concerned for sure and call the doctor. Or go to Emerg and see someone. Usually symptoms are the bodies way of talking to us or warning us about something. I would feel better if you got checked out. Please keep us posted. God Bless Mulchie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulchie View Post
Hello
The sensation you are describing was similar to how my foot felt during stoke. Im sorry I dont remember but how long has it been since your stroke. Is this on the side that was effected or is this something totally new. I would be concerned for sure and call the doctor. Or go to Emerg and see someone. Usually symptoms are the bodies way of talking to us or warning us about something. I would feel better if you got checked out. Please keep us posted. God Bless Mulchie
It's on my affected side. I am three months post stroke now, I have a dr appointment with my GP tomorrow morning foirst thing so we'll see from there. Ive been toying with going bak to the ER for a few days since I've ben feeling different, may just go tomorow after seeibg my general. Thank you!

Old 07-31-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Going back to the ER might be a good idea. Hopefully you will get some answers or some idea whats going on from you GP. I hope so. Let us know how you make out.
God Bless Mulchie

Old 08-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
(female)

Re: Odd sensation in left leg

So GP thinks there is some transaschmia going on, kind of what my neuro was hinting at with my blood flow issues with my occluded artery. Still trying to get through the red tape with insurance for my perfusion CT scan so they cn find out what exactly is going on and if there is anything they can do for it. I guess not a lot of places do the test (at least that they are trying to schedule me ythrough), I do have some medical through my car insurance from the accident so I'm going to see if there is anyway to go get the test without the redtape tomorrow, maybe I can get it as a private citizen or my dr can bypass the referal through medical and get it scheduale with my car insurance. I know a couple hospitals do.

I guess the hope would be that my artery has opened enough to make it safe to put a stint in, or if not that they decide its safe enough to take a vein from somewhere else to replace the damaged artery in a bypass and get my blood flow back to normal in my head. Not sure what other options I have. Pulse went up a ittle to 62 today so that was an improvement.

As far as my leg going out on me there is nothing they can do for right now, he told me to exercise it and my arm when I can so it doesnt get weaker, and let them know of any changes.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Re: Odd sensation in left leg

It sounds like you are doing great beging an advocate for youself. Good for you. Im glad they think they are on their way to getting an answer. There is so much success in these operations. Really they say they are amazing and when the stint goes in or they clear the artery you feel awesome better than you felt for a long time because everything is getting the proper blood flow. I like your idea for the insurance. Your right do everything you can to push this through. Your doing great. good for you.
Please keep posting and letting us know how your doing. People can learn so much from your post and what you are accomplishing. Good Luck
God Bless Mulchie

The Following User Says Thank You to Mulchie For This Useful Post:
jlh1 (08-02-2012)
Closed Thread