It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
(female)

Sophieboris HB User
Well, dang it... strokes suck!

Okay, so I wrote this long, detailed post about the serious fatigue I am experiencing and hit "post" and it is missing. That has been happening a lot to me lately. The words are missing, the typing the right letters is missing, the energy is missing, etc.

I am a week out from having 3 or 4 more small strokes, 50 years old, 3 or 4 strokes end of July and they figured out it is a kinked small artery in my right frontal lobe. 8 small strokes in about a month. Plavix and off I go. I am so exhausted and can't even explain how it feels. I have no physical limitations caused by my strokes with the exception of my left hand not typing the right letters, can't figure out how to spell simple words and shakey. I can walk, talk, sing, dance etc. Lucky, lucky and more lucky.

But...the exhaustion is horrible. My husband and daughter were joking yesterday saying I was turning into a vampire because I was so pale. The doctors ran every conceivable test know to man in the days I was hospitalized. The neurologist told me there isn't any more tests they can run. They even tested me for West Nile Virus, Lupis, MS, and much, much more. Weird autoimmune diseases and clotting disorders, etc.

Why did I feel like I was dying yesterday. Why was I white as a sheet and could barely sit up. Why was I so, so, so very tired? If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Hope this post does the right thing and doesn't go missing.

Paula

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Sophieboris
stellar7 (09-20-2012), writeleft (08-31-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User
Re: Well, dang it...strokes suck!

G’day Paula,
Hope your well today. Your doctors seem to have preformed every test known; I’m by no means a doctor.
I can say that after the stroke my stamina non-existent. Pre stroke, I worked as a building contractor. Worked 10 to 12 hours most days, then was still able to “work out” for another hour or so, and day in day out. Needless to say I was fit and healthy.
Now my work requires very little physical effort, and by mid-day I’ve just about had it. I find it hard to maintain a set work out program, and have gained about 25 pounds. No one can tell me why I’m like this, or if I’ll ever be my old self.
Emoitonally i'm a wreak, i have no control over my emotions at all,over all some things
have improved more than others. I’m always trying to maintain 100% effort in whatever I do. Any way you’re not alone, of course where all here to help one and other. I wish you and all your family the best of health.

George

Last edited by goingtorun; 08-25-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Closed Thread