It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
(female)

me192 HB User
6 months since Moms stroke

Have not been here in awhile. My Mom had severe stroke in Feb 2012 and in nursing home. Left side Ishemic stroke that caused total right side to be paralized. No speech at all. After months of therapy... nothing. I do feel there are times that she is understanding us more and more, however, we did a repeat MRI 2 weeks ago and it is showing that the area of the stroke is now larger. Has anyone had experience in this? Heard this from healthcare worker but I am waiting to hear from doctor later today. Could this mean that she had additional strokes since in nursing home? Just looking for some input, thanks!

The following user gives a hug of support to me192:
Mulchie (09-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #2
(male)

goldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB Usergoldsworthy HB User
Re: 6 months since Moms stroke

Sorry to hear about your Mothers condition!. We are not Doctors here on this site so we cant give you a medical opinion. I would talk to your Moms doctor and make him or her answer all your questions in a way you will understand everything!. I will pray for your Mother!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I do hope you can discuss this with her doctor, and learn all you can about what this new MRI might imply.

I would try to stay encouraged, as stroke recovery is very slow and long. If you think your mother is understanding more, you are likely right. Being her daughter makes you the best judge of her everyday activities and progress. Holding on to that hope is the best for everyone.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Hi Mel2
Im so sorry to hear about your mom. I agree with writeleft in that you are probably right she is understanding more. 6 months is still early in recovery however I agree you need to get a clear understanding of what is going on and what the MRI showed. In saying that I truly believe as everyone here does that you never ever give up HOPE. Stroke recovery is an undescrible miracle at times. It is also a struggle we would describe as similar to that of climbing a mountain. Some days you travel 20 steps and some days you back up 10 but then you go forward again. And over the course of time, slowly and gradually progress is made.
I really hope and pray you get some answers today. Keep Posting
God Bless Mulchie

Closed Thread