It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
(female)

flwrme HB User
All of a suden car motion bothersome

I thought I was doing pretty good Went for a car ride 2 1/2 hrs walked around alot ,had a nice lunch then the same ride home I found I was very unblanced after getting home it was tge same the next day but is better today.I never had aproblem with motion before . Has this happend to anyone else. hugs to everyone.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
(female)

tinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB User
Re: All of a suden car motion bothersome

It is indeed wonderful to be able to come here and share whatever we can. One person said that her doctor admitted stroke is a mystery. I've latched on to that. It can strike anyone, at just about any age with diverse consequences.

Since mine, almost 2 years ago, I have tried my best to accept what is and do all I can to avert another which happened to my brother. My daily sorrow always concerns him. Since it's two of us I maintain it is a genetic issue. Of course we must watch BP, diet, weight, exercise, and I'll add stress. Balance is also likely to be affected. So I do balance exercises almost every day. I get them from yoga and tai chi and make up my own. Being still and confined in a car for that length of time is probably not really a good idea. I only go on short trips, at least for now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
(female)

flwrme HB User

Thank you for the advice,I'm going to ask my Dr. if I can take something for motion. I do have a disc and book on Tia Chi and Yoga. I smoked for 30 years but I quit in 1993 when my brother died of lung cancer because he ask me to. I have harding of the arteries so that is my fault My Mom is still with me and she will be 94 on 10/02/12 she never smoked and to this day only takes BP meds. so life style also fits in there.I will not take a long drive anytime soon LOL Hugs Carol

The following user gives a hug of support to flwrme:
tinam7 (09-23-2012)
Old 09-25-2012, 08:40 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Hello
What I noticed is when I am out and about it is a drain on the energy bank. When I do a lot sometimes symptoms come back. I rest up and then start to go away again. Eg. if I try and drive my drop foot my weak right side, my vision problems all come back. My multitasking was effected by the stroke and driving is a multitasking event so it is a strain. I think all that happened to you that day is maybe you over did it. Now in saying that it wont always be that way. Continue to be as active as you can and it seems our bodies get stronger and can tolerate more. I know its like that for me.
Keep us posted on your progress
God Bless Mulchie

Old 09-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
(female)

flwrme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulchie View Post
Hello
What I noticed is when I am out and about it is a drain on the energy bank. When I do a lot sometimes symptoms come back. I rest up and then start to go away again. Eg. if I try and drive my drop foot my weak right side, my vision problems all come back. My multitasking was effected by the stroke and driving is a multitasking event so it is a strain. I think all that happened to you that day is maybe you over did it. Now in saying that it wont always be that way. Continue to be as active as you can and it seems our bodies get stronger and can tolerate more. I know its like that for me.
Keep us posted on your progress
God Bless Mulchie

Old 09-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
(female)

flwrme HB User

Mulchie, I also think this because yesterday I had my granddaughter help me clean my kitchen I was collecting fish plates and they are around the top of my whole kitchen so she washed the wall but I washed all the plates and I over did it,and today I am very unblanced and pushed my self through things I had to do today. I wasn't the one driving when I took a 2 1/2 hr trip but I was very unbalanced that evening and the next day.I see my nuro Dr. on the 1st so I'll push her for some answers My left leg feels very weak. Thank you you your input. bless you. Carol

Old 09-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Yes it is a very interesting puzzle we try very hard to solve. I constantly have to remind myself that its the brain that is refusing to do this or its the brain that is exhaused not the muscle. Its a whole nother way of thinking of things. I constantly fight with my brain and its determination to do one thing and my determination to do another. Its a crazy. Good luck tomorrow at your neurologists appointment. Keep us posted.
God Bless Mulchie

Old 09-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
(female)

flwrme HB User

Feeling unbalanced today more than yesterday and had a very laid back day yesterday. took clartin 24 hr late last night Dr said I could take it but not the Clartin D. I'm keeping a journal of things I eat and do to see if I can track the balance issue. Go figure !! Maybe more of and eye issue. I went to the eyr Dr. after my stroke because I had made the appt before the stroke because I was having flashes in the left eye and read that you should see an eye Dr because it could be a retina tear. Dr told me no tear and my vission was great with the glasses I had just gotten not long ago. I ask him if the flashes could have been a sign of maybe the empending stroke . He said MAYBE !! HAH Dr. don't know as much about strokes as they should because I read other people have also had eye issues. Talk later Carol

Old 09-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Yes the balance is a symptom that agrivates. Just after my stroke I constantly would fall to the right. I would fall to the right, drive m y walker off to the right. It was bad. But I will tell you it is something that has gotten remarkable better over the last 2 years. I now take just my cane when I go out and thats just for the balance.
The eye thing is very interesting. My Gosh could these early signs not work as a preventive stradegie. Hummmmm I am amazed how much is not know or not care to know. After all stroke is a problem right. Come on medical professionals get on board. We deserve better.
God Bless Mulchie

Old 09-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
(female)

flwrme HB User

That is what I say,now my eye Dr. did say if it looked like I was seeing fire works to come see him right away so I guess it is the flashes you have to watch for because my regular Dr. told me it would be a goog Idea to see the eye Dr. so she thought it was and eye problem. I think the vision has alot to do with the balance because if I'm on this PC for to long I notice my balance is worse. I am on a cane when I go out and if I have a good day I can drivebut I don't want to be foolish about driving. They had a thearpy session where he had me walk and turn my head from side to side with every couple of steps, that really threw off my balance and that is supose to help it. I don't think so. LOL. Talk later Carol

Reply Reply