It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
(female)

oaktrees HB User
My 1st Post/Carotid Artery Bruit

I'm new to the board and have questions hopefully someone will reply.

My doctor told me yesterday that I have the swishing sounds (bruit) in both sides of my neck. I'm having an ultrasound on Monday.

I am a bit scared. He said if needed, I'd be getting stents. Have you had this done? I'd so appreciate a reply.

Thanks.
OT

Old 09-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: My 1st Post/Carotid Artery Bruit

Hello and Welcome
Im sorry I cant help you with this but you have come to the right place. Im sure there is someone with knowledge in this dept.
Im sorry you are so scared try and think of it as a life saving proceedure. They are catching it before something happens. Thats a good thing. Please keep posting and let us know how your doing. The ultra sound is not difficult I have had it done. But its the worry afterwards and while you wait for that next doc appointment. Try to think possitive and remember its a life saving proceedure and thats a good thing. Keep in touch
God Bless Mulchie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
(female)

oaktrees HB User

Thank you Mulchie for replying. May I ask if you had the ultrasound done on the carotid artery and was it due to your doctor hearing bruit?

I am so grateful for your reply.

God bless you.
OT

Old 09-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

I had the ultrasound because they were grabbing a straws trying to find out what caused my stroke. You see my BP, my cholesterol, my test results were all awesome. They didnt want to admit that medication caused my strokes. So I had the ultrasound and if its the same one you just lay down on the bed and they rub (gently ) a wand over your neck area and you can see the arteries on the screen. Its awesome that they can do this without going inside to find out. Remember how good this is that they have possibly found out what caused your stroke and can fix it. This is life saving surgery.
A friend of mine had a heart attack and he was devestated ( as anyone would be ) when I seen him I said to him "so you had a life saving heart attack " HE SAID WHAT !!" I said a life saving heart attack. Most people who have a heart attack arnt so lucky. He stared at me like I had two heads. I said they put the stints in, your blood is flowing properly now, your heart is not feeling the stress and you will probably feel better than you have in years. Life Saving events that save us and give us another chance at life. I know its hard to keep possitive about it when fear starts to creep in. My hat off to your doctor for being a great doctor and find that problem. Please keep posting and let us know how your doing, how the ultrasound went and what they found. You can vent here, cry here, pour all your heart out here. We are good listeners and the stroke board is filled with kind knowledgeable people.
God Bless Mulchie

The Following User Says Thank You to Mulchie For This Useful Post:
oaktrees (09-29-2012)
Old 09-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
(female)

oaktrees HB User

Mulchie, I should have explained myself better in my first post. The doctor was just doing my 6 month checkup when he sounded my neck. This is the first time he's heard a bruit. Thank God thus far I haven't had a stroke. I posted here because I thought this would be the board that would have the most information regarding carotid artery stents.

I'm so sorry your medicine caused a stroke. I agree whole heartedly with you, medicine can and do cause strokes and other serious conditions. It looks like it's six one way and half a dozen the other.

You're right, surviving a heart attack is a life saving deal. Many don't survive. A friend of our, like your friend, had one and feels better now than he has in years.

I'm praying I don't have to have stents at this time in my life. Of course if the Lord says I do, then it shall be.

Thank you so much for replying. I will let you know what the test reveals. And, you did make me feel better! Thank you!

God bless,
OT

Old 09-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

I am soooo glad you havent had a stroke, Thats great!!! Thanks for the post. You probably made your self clear in your 1st post but I tend to loose track and dont remember all the details like I should. Im so glad you found us. Good luck with the ultrasound and yes let us know how you make out.
God Bless Mulchie

Old 09-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #7
(female)

oaktrees HB User

Thank you Mulchie. I go tomorrow for my ultrasound. I'm praying for God to help me with the fear the evil one is trying to instill in me. I'm rebuking him in Jesus' name.

God bless,
OT

Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
(female)

oaktrees HB User

I am blessed beyond belief! Well, not really. The Lord can do anything and He did! My ultrasound came out normal!!! I asked the nurse if maybe she made a mistake when she called me with the results. She assured me they were mine. I love my doctor and am so glad he was cautious as strokes in my family is a common occurrence.

Thank you Mulchie for helping me along. You took the time to calm me and pray for me. I haven't the words to tell you how much that means to me. So many people don't bother helping someone else. You are a blessing and I pray our Lord will bless you as He has me.

God bless,
OT

Old 10-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Oh I am so so happy for you. You must be celebrating and if your not GET UP AND CELEBRATE. LOL When I read your email I yelled THANK YOU GOD...
I can only imagine what a great relief it is to know your fine. Im glad to hear your doctors so good. You deserve that, everyone does.
Thank you for your kind words and your prayers. Im greatful I could help.
Keep in touch and May God bless you with a journey of miracles.
God Bless Mulchie

The Following User Says Thank You to Mulchie For This Useful Post:
oaktrees (10-05-2012)
Reply Reply