It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
(male)

guyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB User
3 and 1/2 months post stroke

Well here I am again. Just wanted to let everyone know that I am driving. To me that is a gift. I am happy to be a part of the moving world again. My left arm and hand don't seem to be too happy as I continue to make them work even though it is difficult sometimes. My left foot and toes are very numb but fortunately I ca still walk okay. I have more numbness in my rib cage and back rib cage. My left eye right in the outside corner feels numb. My left hand and foot are the worst. I am still thankful for a second chance at life. My mind seems to be a little cloudy. Has anyone had symptoms like mine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2012, 02:08 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User
Re: 3 and 1/2 months post stroke

G’day guyp,
Great news! I’m happy for you, keep up the good work. You must have a good work ethic; well I guess no one will do the work for us, will they? We are lucky to have a second bite of the apple.
You already know my symptoms from previous posts. Mate it’s still early days in your journey of recovery. Things will improve, remember baby steps.
I like I said, it great news regarding your progress, don’t ease off. Be sure to keep us updated.
All the very best.
George.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2012, 02:15 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User

G’day guyp,
Great news! I’m happy for you, keep up the good work. You must have a good work ethic; well I guess no one will do the work for us, will they? We are lucky to have a second bite of the apple.
You already know my symptoms from previous posts. Mate it’s still early days in your journey of recovery. Things will improve, remember baby steps.
I like I said, it great news regarding your progress, don’t ease off. Be sure to keep us updated.
All the very best.
George.

The Following User Says Thank You to goingtorun For This Useful Post:
guyp (09-29-2012)
Old 09-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
(female)

tinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB User

This is terrific news. Yes, driving is a big, big thing. I forced myself in there and my problem is the right side, the leg and foot that must drive. The problems you describe are there on my right side. The mind will clear up and your left brain, the cognitive side will compensate more and more.

You can massage your left foot and toes to help it along. Keeping it warm may also help stimulate it. And, yes, everything must work for you whether happy or not. You being happy is what counts. This is great progress which will never stop. Cheers us all. Thank you for sharing.

The Following User Says Thank You to tinam7 For This Useful Post:
guyp (09-29-2012)
Old 09-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

YAAAAAA!!!! Im so happy for you. Your doing great. Driving is a really big deal. I know because I still cant drive. Went out yesterday and tried it for 10 min and Im still suffering from it. But you are an inspiration and Im not going to give up. That is great news.
As for the numbness I have read in many posts that people say it gets better over time.
Congrats again and keep up the good work
God Bless Mulchie

The Following User Says Thank You to Mulchie For This Useful Post:
guyp (09-29-2012)
Reply Reply