It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #31
(male)

guyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB User
Re: Very nervous about the numbness growing

Hi travel mom. We certainly are similar. I cannot express the frustration when the numbness. Continues to actually invade where the tingling used to be. My neck going down to my shoulder and down my left arm and through to the fingers. Down my left leg like a band that is tight and through my foot out to my toes. I refuse to stop working it all as I walk up and down stairs and use my hands quite a bit. I am not complaining, I just want others to know my symptoms so that it may help someone else through it. Thanks for listening.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #32
(female)

Travelmom HB User

Heck, I say complain all ya want! At least here people will understand your frustrations. It is very mind boggling to have tingling & numbness come and go in the same spots. The tightness is a particularly odd feeling for me. I had felt tingly before, but never like my leg was being squeezed. I actually felt my stroke begin in my left hand in my little finger and then it spread across the hand and up. Just after the little finger, it also began in my toes and spread out and up. Eventually I could not even tell you if I had limbs, or a body for that matter, on my left side unless I could visually see my body. Was the strangest thing I ever experienced to not know where my arm was just to find it twisted behind my back because I couldn't feel it at all. I had to learn to walk, move & eat all over again by sight. Without the sensation in my body, I would drop things all the time. As I filled a cup with water, I had to learn at which point to squeeze a little more so as not to have the weight of the cup crash to the sink or floor depending where I was filling it. It took time and even now 4yrs later, I still have trouble making sure to lift my left foot when walking. The tip of each of my left shoes is all scratched up! Haha. I keep on going though. I figure if I will lose it if I don't use it. I just wish my husband would have taken the time to try to understand what I was (and am still) going through. Instead, he saw me as lazy, not trying to heal. While others applauded my strength & courage (as I do yours), he felt I wasn't pulling my weight. Now he has left me, stolen my little boys & left me uninsured. He first made sure to bring me here to Singapore under the guise of a better job/life. Now I find out that I have very few rights here and will most likely be left with nothing, not even my children. This kills me because it was my baby boys that made me fight so hard to get through this trauma. Arrrgh, sorry for the rant. It's been a tough few days in that arena. I guess more so than I realised.

Take care of yourself, do all you can, but make sure to rest as much as you can as well. The brain heals as we sleep. That is why so many experience so much exhaustion after stroke. Our bodies know what we need and we must learn to listen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #33
(male)

guyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB User

Wow and to think that someone could ever consider you lazy and unwilling. That is insane. Keep going and never give up. Your boys will one day understand. Keep your spirits high and know in your heart that your doing everything you can. Never let anyone put any kind of label on you. You are trying and you are right. Keep the faith and keep plugging away.

The following user gives a hug of support to guyp:
Travelmom (11-05-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to guyp For This Useful Post:
Travelmom (11-05-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #34
(male)

Well my forearm down to my wrist is very numb. Also my left backside and left rib cage. I am tired. So I'm going to let it be. Hope everyone had a nice holiday.

Reply Reply