It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
(female)

flwrme HB User
3 months post stroke

I don't think I'm using this board correctly I was trying to find my old post. Anyway I'm doing fine I still get the heavy feeling in my leg when I'm tired. The neurlogist said the Tia Chi was great but only do the easy one's. Maintaining good blood presure. Thanks to all the good advice I get from this board. Hope everyone is well!! Carol

Old 10-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
(female)

Iwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB User
Re: 3 months post stroke

Glad you are doing well!

The Following User Says Thank You to Iwamura For This Useful Post:
flwrme (10-23-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
(male)

guyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB User

I hope this finds you doing well. Hang in there and keep us posted. Gods blessings and prayers for healing.

The following user gives a hug of support to guyp:
flwrme (10-23-2012)
Old 10-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
(female)

flwrme HB User

Thank you . Gods grace. Carol

Old 10-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Hi Carol
You will find while in stroke recovery that many times if we do too much or try something new it causes us to experience our symptoms. They either increase or come back on us. I experience this all the time when I try to drive my car. AFter over 2 years Im still trying to drive but after 10 min on the road i pull back in the driveway and i cant get out of the car. My right side goes completly weak my drop foot returns my head is thumping and my head is fuzzy. ( arnt you glad you didnt meet me on the road )
Im not saying this is always the case. I have made tremendous recovery and it has slowly been accetable to my body. However some symptoms still come back. You are very early in stroke recovery and your brain is swollen from the stroke. YOu must push forward in a gentle and progressive manner. The journey towards healing is a beauitful combination of rest, expercise, meditation and being kind to ourselves while our bodies recover.
God Bless Mulchie

Old 10-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
(female)

flwrme HB User

Hi Mulchie
thanks for the reply, I am off balance today,The Nuro Doc said something about the Barermetric presure and systoms making your blance go off. I really have to look this up. I'm very lucky my stroke was mild, I also think it has to do with playing games on my PC. The weakness in my leg makes my foot feel heavy. We went out to eat tonight because we have been stuck in side with Sandy blowing thru here. My left side was affected so the only thing I found so far and I wasn't driving that day was sort of like motion sickness after the 3 hr trip. I sort of think of this as being the new normal but I am improving. I will keep you in my prayers talk later. Hugs

Old 10-31-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Hello
I would really like to know what you find out about the pressures. I know I do feel differently when the pressures are low. The weather Sandy brought our way has made a significant difference in how I feel and this has happened many times throught out the passed 2 years. I wonder if your doc is right. Only research will tell. Hope you dont mind sharing your findings on that. God Bless Mulchie

Old 11-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #8
(female)

flwrme HB User

I have not researched it yet but that is all she said was that the presure could have something to do with how I FEEL. It is 28.8 today and I am very unbalanced to day.I have a Barometer hanging in the great room . I'll be sure to get back to you. Hugs

Old 11-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #9
(female)

flwrme HB User

Hi Mulchie,Yesterday I felt like I had vertigo the day before I used spray clorox to clean some floor wood work ,I really should not have did it. I was wore out before I was finished so now I'm paying someone to do the hard stuff this is killing me because I really never was a couch potato but when you feel unsteady you have no choise. I also used 409 that same day,I feel better today its raining here I don't think the Presure had much to do wth it as the presure is up I think I should have read the journal I was keeping until I got busy and forgot about it. I did put down that I thought the chemicals were a problem,I have to learn to leave that lay out in reach.LOL Hope you are doing well and have not had any reruns since I last talked to you. My foot went really numb the other night I knew it wasn't a stroke just one of those reacurring things. Talk more later Hugs Carol

The following user gives a hug of support to flwrme:
Mulchie (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 06:44 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

I understand the difficulty you feel in trying to do what you use to do. But my dear friend be kind to yourself. Its ok if you have to hire someone to do the hard stuff. After all thats not what you were saved for.
My heart goes out to you because I know what that dizzyness can be like. My husband suffers from vertego and it can be an ugly symptom to deal with. He has made it his mission in life to avoid all things and all activity he knows of that spurts off an attack. I suggest you do that too if you can. Come to know what you can and can not or should not do any more. The stroke symptoms that come back are a reminder to us but its a much better life if you can not agrivate them. Now in saying that, I choose when and what is worth those stroke symptoms to be activated again. for example my Son announced they are having a baby. Now when that baby comes, I am going to the hospital and going to be there when that baby comes into this world no matter how long it takes. I am not missing that event however, I will walk in on a cane and probably be pushed out in a wheel chair. But thats my decision and worth the set back. Because Im not missing it. However on the other hand my driving isnt worth what it does to me so as much as I want to do it I dont. at 56 I am a shut in but the driving is just not worth the cost in energy and having all my symptoms return. I hope Im making some sence in all this. I do like to ramble on - sorry.
I hope your blessed with the abilty to decide what you will and will not do and create a better life for yourself. Yes you should be deligent to your journal writing. I was not and truly wish I had been. I was spiratic in writing and when I go back to ready what I wrote it really is helpful but I wish I had been more diligent and wrote every day. So yes put the journal somewhere it will remind you to pick it up.
God Bless and keep posting. Your posts are very helpful to those who can only read and can not type. It is continual support for us all and I hope for you also. Mulchie

Old 11-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #11
(female)

flwrme HB User

Hi Mulchie,Glad you can ramble. I have been putting cotton in my ears when I shower I think getting water in my ear does not help the dizzyness does your husband do this?I also found if I try to watch how I set with crossing my legs or setting to long also starts that fuzzy feeling in my leg. Been feeling very good for about three days now. My granddaughter does the cleaning for me ,she is 26 and has special needs so the money helps her. Thing like cleaning the woodwork on the floor. That is special being there for the birth it will be worth it.I had a great grandchild born on June 6th and I can't tell you how special that was to me He will be christened this Sunday comming. Do you get your symtons if sone one else drives. See we had our strokes on the reverse sides,I being luckier because I need my Right foot to drive you on the other end have alot more to deal with. Do you still do your excerises? When is the baby due ? I was married at 16 so I am starting Greatgrand children very young LOL I keep you in my prayers so you can use that cane walking out after that baby is bor. HUGS

The following user gives a hug of support to flwrme:
Mulchie (11-18-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 06:07 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Thank you so much for your prayers. So appreciate it. I love what you are praying for, cane going in and cane coming out YES!! Baby is due in May so I have more time to get stronger and stronger. I am not as diligent to my exercises as I should be I need a wake up call. I am faithful to my yoga but I need to get back to my walking. Its so easy to waver away from routine.
you asked if I get symptoms if someone else is driving. No I dont but I do find if Im very tired I get sensory overload and cant take the busy traffic it makes me very nervous and anxious. My darlin husband knows exactly how to drive so I am comfortable and that makes all the difference.
Its wonderful you have a grandchild doing your cleaning. I bet she loves being able to help you. Its good you know to get someone else to do those jobs for you. Learning our limits and trimming down on what we should not be doing really helps enhance the enjoyment of life and makes what we can do more enjoyable. It really is a balancing act isnt?
I am going to suggest the cotton in the ears to my husband. You might be right, the extra fluid on the ears is not good and preventing it is probably a good idea.
Your grandbaby is such a gift, they really are our saving grace. My daughter use to come in and place him in my arms and I would forget I had a stroke. He smelt so good, he brought with him such a peace and he just filled me with hope and determination. Now he is 20 months old and running around. We watched the Santa Clause Parade together yesterday and i am amazed by everything he does. He is such a gentle soul, a beautiful beautiful baby. Yes flwrme, we are blessed thats for sure Our grandbabies are a gift.
Thank you again for your prayers and kind post. God Bless and prayers to you also. Mulchie

Old 11-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
(female)

flwrme HB User

Hi ,also really good to stay in contact with you, yesterday that heavy feeling came back to my foot at least feels a pound heavier still that way today. I did a dumb thing Sunday and forgoy to take my meds till 8:30pm by then the past due Med leaflet said if you are 12 hrs before next dose don't take so I didn't,I don't know if it was because of the meds but I will be sure to tell dr about it to see what she thinks.My grandchild is 5 months and they pput up the tree and took a pic of him eyeing it and you can se the delight LOL Warms my heart. This is the longest I've went with out that unbalanced feeling. Get back to that exercising I skip once in a while but you have to keep that connection going in your brain,so get to it !! Hugs Carol

Old 11-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Hi Carol
I wonder if the heavy feeling in your foot is because your doing alot. My drop foot is quick to return if I am over doing it too. Sometimes I just ignore it and keep going other times I take it as a sign to have a quiet day less activity and it usually straightens around. However if I have been really bad and not resting It will get so bad I will have to put my brace on to get it to correct itself. It is the craziest thing the foot will drive itself over onto the side and it is so strong it feels like its going to crack my ankle. But its usally always been enduced by my activites.
Sounds like your new grandson is a darlin. Yes for such tiny little things they sure pack a ton of healing.
Now that is awesome you have gone three days with good balance. Im happy for you now lets make that a habbit. I never had bad vertigo but my balance was very bad for quite a while but it has gotten better as time has gone on. My husband thought the cotton inthe ears for showering was a great idea. He said it makes perfect sence really and he is going to try it.
Take care Carol and keep up the good work it sounds like your doing awesome. God Bless Mulchie
p.s. yes i must be more faithful to my exercises.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #15
(female)

flwrme HB User

Hi Mulchie
sorry its taken so long for me to get back to you. I'm back to feeling very unbalanced this week I'm using my cane inside which I seldom have to do.I have been doing alot with Christmas around the corner.I have three floors here the house is on pilings so I have to go down on the walk in floor to do laundry and hubbys man cave is there also. great room ,Kitchen,dinning room and 1/2 bath on second floor then 3 rooms up stairs with 2 baths, Mom is 94 and gets around pretty well but she doesn't clean or cook any more but she is on her PC or Nook and she does drive to get her hair done and goes to a senior center to do cermics . She unpacks the dish washer in the mornings every Saturdat she cleans the toilet bowls and sink in her room and the half bath. She only takes blood presure meds LOL I should be so lucky.I have not had my leg or balance this bad before.I will ask the Neuro Dr. if she thinks I need another MRI. I know I am worse after being on the PC. The eyes and eats are part of the problem. Wish I knew of some books on the brain to read and simple to understand LOL so much for the cotton balls LOL.Everyone comes here for Christmas dinner or lunch till afternoon. I have 4 children and now grandchildren are having children so there is always some one coming and going and we have to eat at some time so I need to have something thats easy that I don't need to cook. At this point I will be glad when Christmas is over.It would be great to just get up Christmas day and say " Thank you Jesus" But guess you are pretty much going thur the same. I hope you are feeling well and even getting better. Thanks for listening. Hugs Carol

Reply Reply