It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 08:57 PM   #16
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: Information About TIA's Please.

One thing I have come to realize with being on this board and reading the stories is there is nothing normal about stroke. I realize your GP doesnt think it fits the pattern but with strokes there seems to be no pattern. Now in saying that there are some things that everyone experiences like fatique but the symptoms people experience while in stroke seem so unique and different.
Please remember you must be your own advacate. Demand the best for your self from the doctors and medical people because you deserve it. You need to know everything about it you need to descover what you can do to prevent another episode. You were saved for a reason and you need to make sure the doctors are doing everything in their power to find out what is causing the tia's.
Many people have experienced the need to push and demand answers for themselves or a loved one. You deserve it. Please continue posting and let us know how your making out. God Bless Mulchie

The Following User Says Thank You to Mulchie For This Useful Post:
Moosie12 (10-29-2012)
Old 10-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #17
(female)

Moosie12 HB User

Thank you Mulchie

Nothing new to add really, still waiting for my appointment to come through.

Will keep updating.

Best wishes

The following user gives a hug of support to Moosie12:
goingtorun (10-30-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #18
(female)

Moosie12 HB User

Hi All

I just wanted to update you on my situation.

I had my hospital appointment, I saw a stroke consultant and she really doesn't think I've been having TIA's or any sort of stroke.

She thinks I'm suffering from something called Hemiplegic Complex Migraine.

I've had an ECG and she wants me to have an MRI of my brain, an echo scan of my heart, an echo scan of the arteries in both sides of my neck and more blood tests.

I will be going back to see her in March 2013 and she will then be able to give me a definite yes or no to stroke, but she told me she very much doubts it.

If the tests all come back clear of stroke, she will be referring me to a neurologist for further investigation.

I will update you again then.

Best wishes

Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #19
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Wow I am so glad you are getting all those tests. The MRI should tell you the truth of is it stroke or isnt it stroke. the MRI's are so much more detailed. The other tests are normal and non evasive really. So nothing to worry about with those tests. It will be hard to wait till march for your results but we all hope and pray for you that its good results. Good to hear from you and please keep us updated on how your doing.
God Bless Mulchie

Reply Reply