It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
(female)

Kelirae HB User
Smile New to this site

Hi guys I'm new to this site n thought I could ask people who have when through this last October I had a stroke on a cruise ship at 25 mine was due to an overdose on a medicine I was taking my whole arm went numb my face was drooping my leg was dragging I finally convinced them to let me off in the Bahamas so stuck in the Bahamas by myself my parents flew to the hospital in the Bahamas and it was confirmed I had a stroke couldn't dress myself could barely talk without drooling and walking was some what of a joke after four months of therapy I was back to running three miles a day but my arm a year later is still so frustrating I don't know where it is half the time it works its just clumsy has anyone had full gain of the arm back after a year cause doctors have basically told me what I got is probably it which is fine cause I feel I got out lucky I'm now back on the same medicine nplate for my blood disorder but am very closely watched i still get scared its gonna happen again as I imagine you all do thanks for reading

Old 11-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User
Re: New to this site

G’day Kelirae,
Welcome to this truly wonderful place. Hope you are and in good spirits and health. Congratulations on running three miles. My aim is too able to run again, I’m constantly working toward that goal.
One of the first facts I learned was, that no two strokes are ever the same. One may have similar symptoms as somebody else but never exactly the same. My right side was completely numb from the tips of my toes, to the top of my head. This condition has eased ever so slightly over two and a half years. I don’t know why or how it has improved, not even the doctors know.
All I can say try to stay positive, active and healthy. Please keep in touch.
George………

Last edited by goingtorun; 11-15-2012 at 12:57 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Hello and Welcome
I agree with everything George has said in his post. I was thinking when I read your post how lucky you are to know what caused your stroke. Many dont know and because you do know it helps you to step on with out the fear.
As George said there are no two strokes the same however, stroke recovery is always about moving forward and healing and pushing our recovery. I am 2 &1/2 years in recovery and still I feel I am improving. still moving forward and never giving up. That has to be our mind set and if we are determined to keep that mind set then we will go far in our physical and mental and spiritual growth.
Congrats on your running. What an accomplishement!! Your determination and your willingness to move forward will take you far in your recovery. Remember you were saved for a reason my dear and that is the wonderful reality. Keep up the good work and please keep posting and let us know how your doing.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Hello and Welcome
I agree with everything George has said in his post. I was thinking when I read your post how lucky you are to know what caused your stroke. Many dont know and because you do know it helps you to step on with out the fear.
As George said there are no two strokes the same however, stroke recovery is always about moving forward and healing and pushing our recovery. I am 2 &1/2 years in recovery and still I feel I am improving. still moving forward and never giving up. That has to be our mind set and if we are determined to keep that mind set then we will go far in our physical and mental and spiritual growth.
Congrats on your running. What an accomplishement!! Your determination and your willingness to move forward will take you far in your recovery. Remember you were saved for a reason my dear and that is the wonderful reality. Keep up the good work and please keep posting and let us know how your doing. God Bless Mulchie

Reply Reply