It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
(male)

kardemena HB User
stroke

my wife has had a stroke and lost her speech
and all her right side im lost with out her and not sure she knows
who i am . can she come back from this
i have not slept for 3 day not eaten i worry so much
can some one help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
(female)

tinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB User
Re: stroke

First, let me extend our sympathetic feelings for the shock to you and your wife. Stroke charges in like a lightning bolt and can knock us out. We've been there, know what it's like; but, remarkably, are here to talk about it.

The great odds are that your wife will recover much of what seems lost. It takes time and patience. The brain needs to heal itself and compensate for itself. Your wife will return to you and you will both make discoveries of strengths within you that you never realized were there.

We are here to try and help you on the way with hope, with optimism, with endurance. Be there for your wife as she struggles to overcome what has struck her and, in turn, you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: stroke

Hello and welcome to our family of stroke survivors and their care givers. I am so sorry for what has happened to your wife and I can tell how upset you are. Stroke is very frightening for both the patient and the family.
Yes your wife can recover from this stroke. Yes symptoms can get so much better. Let me explain to you what I know from my experience.
When a person has a stroke the brain swells. Many symptoms seem their strongest in the beginning but as the swelling goes down and the brain gets in recovery mod the symptoms can and will become less devestating.
The most important thing to remember is your wife will recover and you must encourage her to believe that also. Many doctors say if they havent recovered in the first 3 or 4 months they are not going to and that is just NOT true. I cant encourage you enough to believe that your wife can recover. How much we do not know but from experience I know life in recovery can be amazing if both patient and care giver stay positive.
Talk softly to her and suggest all visitors do the same. A quiet and peaceful environment is a healing environment and speak only positivly and speak only in terms of recovery. Put up a big sign beside her bed " Dear Visitors, Be responsible for the energy you bring to me"
My stroke effected my right side and effected my hearing, I was constantly in migrane, i have a hand tremor and could not cope with things like t.v. busy conversation or too many people in a room. Many times I would stare off into space trying to analyze what was happening or what was being asked. So many of my symptoms have greatly improved some have gone and some I have learned how to keep them at bay.
Many people recover their speech. The days ahead are the most important. Your wife will be scared and you must keep reasuring her that she will be fine, she will recover, that together you will both beat this and continue to move forward. Tell her she was saved for a reason, how great is that and her life must have special meaning and direction. You my dear friend will be the conductor of that symphany and together you will both create a new life with new challenges and new beginnings.
Please read some of the posts on this site. Other peoples experience will give you a better insite and hope. Never never loose hope. Hope is your greatest power. Without it we loose direction with it we can move mountains. Hope, and Believe in a greater life ahead for both of you.
Please keep in touch and keep posting
God Bless Mulchie

Reply Reply