It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #16
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: 6 months post stroke

I found your posts very encouraging. You are very determined I read it in your words. 7 months post stroke is not a long time and your right things will continue to improve and get better. I am 2and half years and I believe I am getting stronger and stronger all the time. I suffered for a year and ahalf with bad nerve pain in my leg and hip. Pain in my ankle and front of my leg and all of that pain has gone. It only comes back if I over do it and still it doesnt come back as bad as it was. They told me it was nerve pain and I know what you mean it was very agrivating. As my stamina increased and I built up the muscles in that leg again the pain got less and less. Doctors really dont know what us stroke surviors are capable of. We are a determined group and not to be reconded with. I wish you luck and applaud your corageous recovery. As long as we keep hope alive and continue on a path steping inch by inch forward we will achieve a wellness the doctors never believed we could achieve. So My hat off to you keep on going and keep on getting well.
God bless Mulchie

The Following User Says Thank You to Mulchie For This Useful Post:
guyp (01-10-2013)
Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #17
(female)

sunnysouth HB Usersunnysouth HB User
Re: 6 months post stroke

I found an acupuncturist here and have been going to her for several months. She helped me so much after I got shingles just a month after the stroke. I had plantar's
fascitius in my foot that was driving me nuts. That has gone away and I credit her for that. She helps patients that have had strokes and other problems as well. I continue to see her on occasion and feel very relaxed when I am there even with all the needles in my body. I even go to sleep sometimes.
We just need to keep encouraging one another. That's the greatest help and, of course, prayer. His promise never to leave me nor forsake me has meant so much during these last few months.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: sunnysouth
guyp (01-11-2013), Mulchie (01-11-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to sunnysouth For This Useful Post:
guyp (01-11-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply