It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 03:18 AM   #1
(female)

luv4horses HB User
Tia??

I posted this on the vision board but this might be best

I was working at my computer and suddenly there was a glare on the screen, mostly on the left. Then my vision got distorted and went so blurry i couldn't work. I checked my blood pressure and it was 180/101. Called eye dr and went to ED. Long story short, they did a CT and transferred me to a bigger hospital where I was admitted. (Eye dr calls me on cell and thinks I had visual migraine. Vision cleared in 30 minutes with no others symptoms.) I tell dr at hospital this and he discounts that idea and convinces me to stay (I felt it was overkill). First hospital tells me I have something on CT that could be MS or stroke. This dr said CT seemed ok. Next day I have mri and mra on head and neck. No damage so diagnosed with TIA. Also told I have small aneurysm on carotid and need outpatient CT angiogram for that. So, thousands of dollars later I'm wondering if eye Dr was right!! Blood pressure still running a bit high but feel fine. This is long I know but I left out a lot! Very frustrated at this point. BTW I am a 52 yr old female. Any similar stories or advice??

The following user gives a hug of support to luv4horses:
cactus al (12-24-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #2
(female)

tinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB User
Re: Tia??

Thank you for sharing this. We can learn much from each other.

TIA's are so mysterious, present in strange, sometimes bizarre ways and generally do not show up on tests. Never heard of visual migraine. BP was very high. So be sure to keep it even and stay as stress free as possible.

Wishing you the best. Keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
(male)

cactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB User

Hi tia. I was just reading you situation and I seems scary, are you OK now? I have a fried of mine whoes has a similar scare. She too found out her high blood pressure caused the problem.. she owns a deli and the stress of fast pace work has taken a toll.
I know going to drs for answers is taxing, test after test and finally maybe an answer. Feel free to look at my site and you see we all deal with the unknown.
You said you didn't mention all the problems you are dealing with..feel free to share with me and the board we are here for each other

Allen aka cactus al

Old 12-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Hello
I am so sorry for what your going through. It is scary and confusing especially when doctors dont agree and the diagnosis isnt clear. Your left in limbo with a ton of sacrry stuff running through your mind. As everyone has said TIA's are scary and clear up quickly, but they are an indication of a possible warning. I cant encourage you enough to push on and insist on an answer from these guys. Enough tests seem to have been done but as everyone has said here your B/P must be monitored and it is too high. Get it down ASAP it is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Monitor your salt, drink lots of water, get walking and if weight is an issue, get it off. My husband managed to drop his BP 40 points in one month by those three things and it is now stable with out medication. Im not so lucky. It is so important to keep it in a safe range and if it is a warning then your fortunate because you can do somehting about it now.
Good luck and remember insist on answers you deserve good care.
God Bless Mulchie

Old 02-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #5
(female)

luv4horses HB User

Just a quick update. The CTA they did did not show the aneurysm, MRA did so I am seeing a neurologist tomorrow to see if he can figure it out. He will go over all the scans and compare them to decide what my next step is. Really expecting for everything to be fine and hopefully be done with this. The meds have kept my BP down and I haven't had any furthur episodes. I still doupt I had a TIA but who knows. Thanks for the support!

Reply Reply