It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
(female)

Mick9435 HB User
Any experience with Perispinal Etanercept?

In Reply to Joyce in Puerto Rico:
Hello Joyce in Puerto Rico: Im bringing my father to the UCLA clinic on this upcoming Friday, January 11, 2013 for the injection. It will be the first time for him. He suffered a massive stroke while visiting Taipei, Taiwan on April 18, 2007. We brought him back to the United States after one month & he has been working really hard every day. He has come a long way, walking & talking with a better vocabulary etc. He has room for a lot of improvement. He is 84 years old & read a news article in our local paper regarding this Dr. & his clinic. We're going to take a shot at this & I will post information of any changes over this weekend. Maybe it's a con......maybe it's not - willing to give it a try & spend the $ (he's selling his car as it's up to 5k now).

Old 01-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
(female)

Always Behind HB User
Re: Any experience with Perispinal Etanercept?

Mickey Mess: Hope all goes well for your father today. Would love to hear about his experience with the Etanercept shot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #3
(female)

Mick9435 HB User

In reply to Always Behind: I'm new to this & a littler confused on how to handle posts, threads etc. Once I feel confident that I'm following the rules, I will post the results of my fathers treatment & how we feel about it.

Last edited by moderator2; 01-12-2013 at 04:47 AM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Mick9435
Alberta1967 (01-12-2013), stellar7 (01-12-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User

Hello
I was just wondering how you and your dad were making out? I am so sorry for what has happened. He is at a wonderful age and by the sounds of things giving up is not in his vocabulary.
I was curious about the injections you speak of. Have you had any results?
So many treatments and ideas out there and because we have to be our own advocates we are always investigating what new. So I was very curious when I read your post.
Hope your Dad is still meeting with a determind.
God Bless Mulchie

Old 01-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
(female)

Mick9435 HB User

My Fathers experience with this treatment has been very positive. Everyone including myself who know him very well have witnessed vast improvement physically and emotionally. Dad feels that way too. My entire family & I are very happy we chose this path.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mick9435 For This Useful Post:
Mulchie (01-20-2013)
Old 01-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
(female)

pasofino HB User

Thank you so much Mick9435 for the info. It has to be the same shot that Dr. Tobinik gives in Florida and he is the one who apparently started this. I have been trying to find someone who has had this done, besides ones on their website as they would understandingly be a little biased.. We also saw about this in our local paper. WE are located in the midwest. My husband had his stroke in 2004 and has pain in arm and bad balance.. Only 56 at the time and really has changed our lives so if this would give him relief it would be worth it but was worried if it was a scam so much money. Thanks again. I am trying to figure out this board so hopefully will find my way back if I get out of it..

Reply Reply