It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
(male)

MontanaMatt HB User
Stroke At Age 30

I wanted to tell you the story of a stroke that I had when I was just 30 years old. I could never imagine a stroke at this young of an age, but I am now 35 years old and I have fully recovered. I was under a lot of stress during that time and I did not relieve the stress that I was under. This stress had been building for roughly a year, as I was planning for a wedding, trying to sell a house, and struggling with my job and my career. I came home at night one night, and I was very emotional with my wife, talking about things that did not make any sense to her or to me. I knew things weren't right, because I knew I should not be crying about the things I was talking to her about. I stood up to walk into the living room, and before I could sit down, I saw stars on the ceiling and assumed I was just dizzy. The stars turned into darkness, and the ceiling began to turn black. I sat down and began to immediately get chills. These chills turned into flu like symptoms, and I began to get a headache, I got dizzy, and I would throw up. I slept on it that night, but could barely sleep, as I threw up all night. That next day, my wife kept telling me that my symptoms may be a stroke, and that I should go to the hospital immediately. Of course I could not believe her, and I kept saying I must have had a simple head cold. Eitherway, I fortunately went to the hospital that next morning, and I had an MRI done. The doctor diagnosed a mini-stroke on the right back lobe of my brain, that made my left face droopy, my left mouth began to droop, I drooled on the left side, and I had a very difficult time speaking from the left side of my face. From this day forward, I began to understand how short life really was, the importance of being healthy, the importance of reducing my stress, and I began to eat much healthier foods. I had lost some peripheral vision in my left eye, and it took about 2 years for the dizziness to go away completely. I also remember that during that slow brain recovery, the brain tries to compensate for damages, and I would see flashing colors as I watched TV. I am very happy and healthy today, and I will never ever take life for granted. The most important thing I can suggest is.......stress is paramount to many of todays health problems. Over the years, I have really worked to reduce much of the stress in my life. I laugh and I smile a lot more these days!! I guess you realize, you can either enjoy this short life you live in, or you can live in misery and live unhealthy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Mulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB UserMulchie HB User
Re: Stroke At Age 30

Hello MontanaMatt and welcome to our family of Stroke survivors>
Thank you so much for your post. It is so encouraging Stess is so distructive I agree with you and if we allow it to follow us through life it leaves a trail of distruction. Your success story is wonderful and I am so glad you have totally recovered.
Thank you God Bless Mulchie

Old 01-11-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User

G’day MontanaMatt,
Great to hear of your full recovery mate. The doctors reckon my stroke was cause mainly by stress, although they can’t be sure.
Your closing sentence is right on the money. I hope you live a long and happy life.
George…

Old 01-12-2013, 06:23 AM   #4
(female)

tinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB Usertinam7 HB User

Stress is a huge factor and yet not identified regularly. The unforgettable example for me is my brother. Prior to his first stroke he had cared for his dying wife 24/7 for a year. He suffered stroke repeats.

So it is extremely important for all of us, esp. us vulnerable sorts, to avoid stress like the plague. The wonderful thing is we can learn so much from each other. I learned from my brother but he paid the full price, breaking my heart for all time.

Thank you for sharing with us. Wishing you the very best.

Reply Reply

Tags
stroke, young