It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #16
(male)

guyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB User
Re: 7 Months post stroke

Yes you do. I know when I walk everything tenses up and hurts. The dead feeling almost seems like it is swelled super tight and I know it isn't. Crazy isn't it.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #17
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User

G’day guyp,
Hope you are in health and sprits. For about the first six months or so my entire right side was swollen and numb, it is still numb but the swelling is gone except for my foot. I don’t have any pain at all, thank god.
What I do find is that, I tense up when i try to hurry (eg running) and when I’m under a lot of pressure. Nobody knows what causes this and I certainly don’t know why.
I guess we do the very best we can with we have, and let time take care of the rest.
Good luck mate, and keep up the good work.
George…..

The Following User Says Thank You to goingtorun For This Useful Post:
guyp (01-26-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #18
(male)

guyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB User

George your right. I walk a brisk mile every other day with doing that my arm, fingers and foot get very tight and very difficult to move. I feel like something is pushing numbness into my limbs to make me stop. It's not going to happen. I am going to up it to 1 1/2 miles every other day. hopefully it will release or I will have to deal with the extra pressure. It also makes me kind of stumble when I walk really fast. It's like my brain is having a problem reacting. Oh well it is part of life that I am really wanting to continue.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #19
(male)

Hey guys,
Did you always have the numbness or did it seem to take over parts that were sensitive when the stroke happened. My numbness seems to be growing and taking over the parts that were super sensitive when I had my stroke. If I stress or push myself too hard it seems to grow and not go away. I guess it is my cross to bear. We all have something to bear don't we? Thanks for helping out with an answer. I do appreciate all my friends here.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #20
(female)

Iwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB User

Guyp, my numbness came in place of the tingling and hypersensitivity. I did not have the pain and tightness at the beginning. I am trying to be positive and not worry or think something else is wrong.
I hope you are doing well today and have a restful blessed weekend.

Iwamura

The Following User Says Thank You to Iwamura For This Useful Post:
guyp (01-26-2013)
Reply Reply

« Baclofen | Help... »