It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 03:57 AM   #1
(female)

zarla HB User
two or more tia now - not seen doc yet!

HI
I have a clinic appointment tomorrow, for tia assessment.I told them id only had one tia, but it now occurs to me that I have had another,a few Weeks before.
they both happened in the night, when I woke for a bathroom stop.the first time I felt I had a heavy feeling on the right side of my face, but the second time I had that & no sight in the right eye.
It was the second time I went to the doctors, as I kind of thought id dreamed the first one, or slept funny our something.
I have also had a couple of days where I get a few twingey pains in my neck. I now realise these could be related to blood flow/arteries etc.
I feel ok right now, but should I go to the hospital today, or wait till tomorrow.I must admit I'mat sizes & sevens over this as I am scared.my father died of ischemic heart attack.

Old 02-04-2013, 03:57 AM   #2
(female)

Livelife15 HB User
Re: two or more tia now - not seen doc yet!

Hi...I really believe it would be good go to docs asap. The earlier the diagnosis the better. Take care

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 04:33 AM   #3
(female)

zarla HB User

I'm there today, thankyou

The following user gives a hug of support to zarla:
survival sue (02-07-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
(male)

cactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB User

hello,

my name is allen and go bye cacus al. i am five months out from my initial stroke. i has changed my life upside down, i think sometimes my body has turned on me. i had a tia sroke and it was on my right side so all my trouble is on my left side.

you have seen how many people let you know your not alone and you are not. anytime you have a question or a hurting you are close to someone who will be there for you i tell everyone to stay posititive upbesat and give thanks you survived the attack so make a effort to not only to help yourself but others.

my sincere wish for your survival and look for a heralthy recovery

my best to you

allen

Old 02-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
(female)

zarla HB User

Thankyou so much, what a great response!
I have had all the tests I can, the doc says my problems were not tia's but he's not sure what caused them.
I have to keep diaries & see if I get any more, so we can maybe work out a pattern of triggers. I am very pleased that it was not indeed a tia, but thankyou for the support. Given they are not sure what is my problem,I will keep my eye on the board, maybe update you guys if there is any further news.
Thankyou
:-)

The following user gives a hug of support to zarla:
cactus al (02-08-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #6
(female)

survival sue HB Usersurvival sue HB Usersurvival sue HB Usersurvival sue HB User

Hi Zarla. I was catching up on the board news and was very relieved to see that you went to the hospital. It's been a little over 2 mos since I had my stroke. God was watching over me that day - my symptoms were so slight. All I was numbness on the left side of my face and left arm for less than one minute. The only reason I went to the hospital was because I had the two areas of numbness (and my husband made me). They immediately did a CT Scan and did not see any bleeding but they saw that my left carotid artery was totally blocked and the right was 60% blocked. Because of the blockage the initially thought I had a TIA. They did an MRI and it showed that I had indeed had a small stroke in the left/rear of my brain and I had a slightly larger spot in the same area that was from a previous stroke. The only thing I ever noticed was that I had no energy and my short term memory was shot for the past year. And that I blamed on menopause. I am 55, normal weight, don't drink, don't smoke, pretty much a vegetarian. My risk factor-genetics. I had developed high cholesterol rather quickly.

You are right to be cautious because your father had ischemia. So did my mother, my health-nut brother had an ischemic heart attack at 60, and My other brother just found out he has aortic stenosis and needs his aortic valve replaced.

Please take care of yourself and don't overlook anything that seems off. Remember, women have different symptoms then men.

Hang in there. We're all here for each other.
Sue

Old 02-08-2013, 01:11 AM   #7
(female)

Livelife15 HB User

Hi...That is great news. Hopefully by keeping a diary you will be able to come up with answers and a pattern. Keep us updated and take care. :-)

Reply Reply