It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
(female)

Iwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB User
Work & Stress

At work today I was put in a very stressful situation that I use to be able to handle with no problem. Since my stroke (June 2012) I have managed to avoid large crowds and have sorta been very low key.

As soon as I was put in this situation, my entire right side started hurting really bad. (head, neck, shoulder, arm, hand, and leg). It really scared me and it's still hurting this evening. I would not describe it as a panic attack but just stress. I dont think anyone was aware of it and I rarely talk about my medical info with coworkers.

I have a few weeks till my doctors appointments. I am still on a regular schedule every 2 months with neurologist and with reg physician.

Just wanted to share this because it was a new experience for me.

I hope all of you are doing well.

Sincerely,
Iwamura

The Following User Says Thank You to Iwamura For This Useful Post:
goingtorun (02-07-2013)
Old 02-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
(male)

cactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB User
Re: Work & Stress

hello iwamura.
stress is a nasty word for anyone espeially we stroke survivors. you are one up on me as i am fully retired medicaly from the military. i have numerous reasons to be stressed. open heart surgery a permanete colostomy diabetic peripheral neuropathy exposed agent orange river patrol vietnam heart failure pacemaker and last but not least a stroke.

i do believe that life has so much to offer a wife weho loves me married 30 years. i get stressed some times for no reason at all. life is not perfect but its all we have, i try to make each day the best i ever had. enjoy the california sun and sand. we all have our favorite place we are there or we dream of.

my friend when you feel stressed place your mind under a swaying palm warm sand and blue water. you are never alone so enjoy what you have and be posititive and always smile or keep a twinkle in your eyes

stay strong your friend

allen aloha

The Following User Says Thank You to cactus al For This Useful Post:
Iwamura (02-20-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
(female)

Psst HB User
Re: Work & Stress

Iwamura,

I can so relate to what you are going through! I have been back to work for 3 weeks now and It's crazy how the silliest things stress me out. I am a nurse and have always prided myself in my ability to manage stressful situations. I am not so sure about that now. We had and inservice at work and the conference room was full of people. I had to walk away. I became very tearful, I felt weak all over and my chest felt like I had an elephant sitting on it. The strange thing is that I don't know why I felt so stressed. If my husband speaks loudly, I feel stressed, loud noises send me over the edge and so many other crazy things. My next neurology appt. is not until March and it feels like an eternity. Sorry for dumping all of this on you. Just know that you are not alone Make sure you let your doc know what is going on. We need to take care of ourselves. Be well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Psst For This Useful Post:
Iwamura (02-20-2013)
Reply Reply