It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 05:11 AM   #1
(male)

BradW HB User
Post Strke Attacks

I am desperately needing some advise and guidance, my Father had a stroke 5 months ago and was treated for it. He was in hospital for a few days and then came out. He couldnt speak at all but physically was fine, a few weeks after the stroke early one morning he had a strange attack ( didnt know where he was, strange movements and mumbling, throwing himself on the bed) The Doctors first diagnosis was that it was part of the healing process and was certain my Father would get most of his speach back. The attacks continued and the Doctor put him on Epilim, the attacks continued and we decided to take him to a neuroligist. The neuroligist said should the attacks continue we should up the dosage of the Epilim, the attacks have since got worse and my father has now starting to battle physically, he starting to lose control of his bowl movements and this morning colapsed trying to get out of bed, he indicated that he has no strength in his legs. The attacks have all been totally different, from almost childish play to totally not knowing where he is and screaming as if in pain. I dont know if the Epilim has got anything to do with it. Can anyone tell me what these attacks are and why it is he seems to be going backwards instead of improving. the attacks last anything from 10 min to 2 hours and afterwards he is aware that he had an attack but cant realy describe it. Help please.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Post Strke Attacks

Greetings, this is not a promise of cure. Of course everyone should make their own health care decisions in life, is responsible for their own healthcare and those they are in charge of and decides if and what professional doctor to go to. Some people use more water and bromelaine (in pineapple) to prevent the blood clots associated with some strokes. If it was an aneurysm type of stroke then bromalaine is not recommended. Blood which is too thick from dehydration cannot nourish the brain. A person can try alternating hot and cold water daily on the head to improve circulation. Work outdoors as tolerated when weather is good is also useful. Good health depends on good circulation. If they are in a rest home a walk down the hall and back at first until they are able to do more may be useful. If electrolytes are off this can cause confusion. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 02-25-2013 at 08:24 AM. Reason: typo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply