It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User
FYI I ain't dead yet - you old timers and newbies

Howdy partners,
It has been almost a year since my last post and it has been such a journey, it is hard to express. For those that don't know me... I had a major stroke on Jan. 8, 2010. My left brain was affected. I have a nice black hole in my brain you could putt a golf ball in to it. (That's why I stay off the greens )

Anyway, here is the edited version for my last year. I lived in Florida most of my life with my wife Anita. After 2 years of my stroke I pretty much gave up. I lost my business and about to lose my house. I was trying to drink myself to death (and almost succeeded). I left Florida and moved to Pennsylvania alone. While there, I was homeless...living from house to house. My wife divorced me and I started having seizures. I now have epilepsy, even though I have totally stopped drinking.

During this whole time me and my ex, Anita stayed in touch. Our divorce was not a mean and hateful one at all. Well, I had been in the hospital at least 4 or 5 times because of my seizures and alone every time. Anita had moved to South Dakota and has a successful business. We realized we never stopped loving each other and she drove across the country and brought me home with her to South Dakota. I say all this to say this:

Everyday is an adventure - everyday is different. We can change with them or stay in our stubborn little rubber room and be mad at the world. Depression is your closest friend after a stroke. It loves tormenting you and will keep doing it as long as you let it. Once you recognize it for what it is (a useless leech), you can get rid of it. The past keeps you resentful; the future keeps you worried - but today is what you have right now and is full of happiness and contentment.
God Bless you all my stroke survivors,
Tim

The following 6 users give hugs of support to: Positive Cynic
Alberta1967 (03-03-2013), coupe (03-03-2013), goingtorun (03-09-2013), growagourd (03-13-2013), stellar7 (03-29-2013), survival sue (03-03-2013)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Positive Cynic For This Useful Post:
goingtorun (03-12-2013), growagourd (03-13-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
(female)

Alberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB UserAlberta1967 HB User
Re: FYI I ain't dead yet - you old timers and newbies

I have been wondering & worrying about you. So glad you are ok. Very happy you two worked out everything. And your no longer drinking. I am no longer smoking.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Alberta1967
goingtorun (03-12-2013), shug767 (03-14-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #3
(male)

max55 HB Usermax55 HB Usermax55 HB Usermax55 HB User

Tim - You helped me out a lot when I had mine back in April 2011 when I was very anxious about having another one back then. Glad to hear you are doing better.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Positive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB UserPositive Cynic HB User

Hi Alberta, Max, coupe and survival sue! It is wonderful to hear from all of you again. I hope to be here again as much as I can...I can never forget the support and my recovery that all started right here with these angelic friends I found here. I hope to continue to give hope to all that need it. We are like a family here; at least to me it is. Life is a paradox and I have definitely found that when I am weak - then I am strong. My total surrender of my life to my Lord has guided me through doors I could never have imagined trying to do so in my own will.

And yes, believe it or not this wonderful journey for me started with my stroke.

Luv ya guys
Tim

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Positive Cynic
Alberta1967 (03-09-2013), eemgee (03-13-2013), growagourd (03-13-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to Positive Cynic For This Useful Post:
Alberta1967 (03-13-2013)
Old 03-13-2013, 12:48 AM   #5
(male)

eemgee HB Usereemgee HB User

G'Day Tim,
Great to see you back,
I missed you heaps
Wayne

Old 03-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
(female)

growagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB Usergrowagourd HB User

Hello there, and welcome back!
Great news about your marriage..You sound just wonderful. Looking forward to more of your inspirational posts.

Reply Reply