It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
(female)

gclaec HB Usergclaec HB User
I was told I had a stroke?

Hello,
I will be brief since typing is very difficult. I have Antiphospholipid syndrome (clotting disorder) and lupus. on 2/18/13 I had part 1 of a jaw replacement surgery. We had to drive 4 hours to have surgery. The dr refused to listen to us, and bottom line did not give me blood thinners. I felt like something was seriously wrong, in fact wrote on TMJ board that I felt like I had a stroke. With this surgery it does cause nerves in face to droop, but I was alarmed when my arm was tingling. I made appointment with neurologist, but was told it was probably from surgery.

Went to appointment last week and was told you had a stroke. I am 43 years old how can this be. When they did neuro test I did not even know my left leg and foot were also affected. I was actually crying in office as my dad had 4 strokes 2 years ago and the symptoms were all too familiar. I am scared shocked and dont even know what to do. Three days after they told me I had a stroke symptomss got worse. I blacked out and felt tingling in my knee and foot then I could not stand or walk. I have had extreme muscle twitches in my head and legs. My husband is worried I had maybe a tia.

It is so scary, I cry all the time. I look at my hand and foot and try to tell it what to do but it doesnt . Even my toungue is numb, and I keep biting it. I dont know what to do. Tomorrow I go for MRI. I am now on Lovenox so they said that is all they can do.

Did anyone have twitching muscles like on head and in legs? Worste part is I just had surgery on face, I have no jaw joint in right now so it is hard to tell which is from which. I have to have another surgery, would you go back there? My husband wants me to start therapywhat works best. should I go to er if I get more of these things, like this bad twitches? it really hurts like a jolt.
Thanks so much, I am sorry you are all going through this.

Last edited by gclaec; 03-11-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
(male)

cactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB User
Re: I was told I had a stroke?

I think you need another doctors test and make sure the report shows the results

Of your not. And cats can. Make. You get accurate reports

Good. Luck

ALLEN

Old 03-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
(female)

gclaec HB Usergclaec HB User

Thanks for your reply, but I don't think I understand. I believe you are saying get ct scan? Just FYI, I was told ct scans are not accurate. My dad had 4 strikes that did not show up on 1st ct scan 2 hours later they did MRI and it showed 4 major strokes 1 happened in between MRI and ct scan.
Anyway MRI tomorrow morning. Pretty sure with my clotting history dr is right. Only thing I am not sure about is the twitches. Could very well have twitches from nerves.
Thanks

Old 03-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
(male)

cactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB Usercactus al HB User

I hope you get results from MRI. Sometimes all testing never shows what exactly is going on. The human brain as well as the body is very complex

Wishing you the very best

Allen

Reply Reply