It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
(male)

guyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB User
Smile 10 months post stroke and new doctor therapy

Well, I had my first appointment with the new doctor with new therapy. The first test was to see what the brain is doing. It was amazing that they knew I had numbness in my left eye, a headache on the right side above my temple, numbness in my left jaw, and numerous other places by the test they were giving. I sat with my eyes closed and with the eyes open and with reading and doing difficult puzzles on an iPad. They told me that the numb or dead feeling was great because everything still working means that the feelings are idle. The next therapy sessions will focus on making new pathways to set the feelings in motion again. I am really excited about these possibilities.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: guyp
goingtorun (04-23-2013), Iwamura (04-22-2013), survival sue (05-01-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to guyp For This Useful Post:
goingtorun (04-23-2013)
Old 04-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
(female)

Iwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB User
Re: 10 months post stroke and new doctor therapy

I am really excited for you! Have you had any therapy before now?

The Following User Says Thank You to Iwamura For This Useful Post:
guyp (04-23-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
(male)

guyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB User

No. My daughters college professors gave her this doctors name and I am looking forward to finding my test results out Wednesday.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #4
(female)

Iwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB UserIwamura HB User

Anxiously waiting for your update today.....

Old 04-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
(male)

Update!!!!!!
Awesome meeting the doctor. Well I know that my stroke was very deep in my right side. Which does not allow communication between the right and left side. My right side is sending messages way to fast to be understood. So the trick is to connect the dots and get the communication between both sides again. The doctor was so thorough with his definition. He thinks that there is hope to revive me of the numbness and tingling. I am so excited. He also said the reason of the numbness is because the brain is satisfied that it is doing everything it can but the muscles are idle. They are waiting for the connection to made again.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
(male)

Thumbs up Re: 10 months post stroke and new doctor therapy

Update!!!!!!
Awesome meeting the doctor. Well I know that my stroke was very deep in my right side. Which does not allow communication between the right and left side. My right side is sending messages way to fast to be understood. So the trick is to connect the dots and get the communication between both sides again. The doctor was so thorough with his definition. He thinks that there is hope to revive me of the numbness and tingling. I am so excited. He also said the reason of the numbness is because the brain is satisfied that it is doing everything it can but the muscles are idle. They are waiting for the connection to made again.

goingtorun (04-24-2013)
Old 04-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
(male)

Sorry about the double reply guys.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
(male)

Well the first therapy session was amazing. It was something to see how fast my brain could recognize the way to succeed in the test. My delta waves were targeted because they were the ones that create the idleness feeling on my left side. Wow.

goingtorun (04-26-2013)
Old 04-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User

g'day guyp,
hope you are well, i'm glad your happy with the way the test went. thank you sharing your experience with us, i have not been able to write much lately, but read the posting almost daily.
would like to hear more of how your test go. once again thank you.
P.S. would your doctor know of anyone conducting these test in Sydney, Australia...
God bless george,

Old 05-01-2013, 01:35 AM   #10
(male)

I will ask when I go Friday. It is amazing when the doctor put this skull cap on then adds all these sensors and then gives you tests to show what part of the brain is inactive. Then his equipment then makes a 3-D picture of the brain that moves and rotates and shows the brain exactly and where it is inactive. It also plots lines where messages are sent and the speed that they are being sent. My stroke was deep inside the right side but is also affecting the left side because no messages can get through. Now messaging on the right side of my brain is transmitting at a rate that is much too fast for my brain to handle it. The doc said the brain is the slowest functioning organ in the body simply because it has to be so precise in every function that it has to do. The heart is the fastest. My delta waves are at 1.2 and should be somewhere between 5 and 6. Now the doc is doing therapy to retrain my brain. (Good luck with that, huh) once he gets the delta waves where they will stay between 5 & 6 he will then start working on slowing down the messages. I will try to keep you updated and George, I wish you and yours the very best. I will ask on Friday.

Last edited by guyp; 05-01-2013 at 07:14 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to guyp:
goingtorun (05-01-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #11
(male)

Well my second appointment with my new doctor is Friday. Please realize I have trouble with my left side doing what I want it to. Thanks to my friends on this health board I have come a long way. So I'm pushing doing new things to see if it can give relief whether it be big or small. Either way I will share all with you as you have made me much less afraid of being different. God bless you all and I pray you each are healed.

Last edited by guyp; 05-04-2013 at 04:03 PM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: guyp
goingtorun (05-05-2013), shug767 (05-03-2013)
Old 05-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #12
(male)

Hey guys,
Working on 11 months now and still losing more motion in my hand, leg, arm, and foot. I even have more numbness in my face. I thought life would be starting to even out. Still going down. The only thing I can say is I Don't Care because I am still here. I am happy to be here with you guys. My doctor travels is exciting to say the least. I feel so much calmer like my mind is opening up. My brain is able to make the delta waves start to act more normal. It is so cool to watch my brain change right in front of my eyes just by relaxing my jaw or forehead or tongue. Everything you do has an effect. I am enjoying every second of life that I don't even want to sleep. My doctor is upset that the use of oxygen hyperbaric chambers aren't used for brain injuries such as stroke because it could drastically reduce the effects of a stroke. As I learn more I will share.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: guyp
goingtorun (05-08-2013), Iwamura (05-07-2013)
Iwamura (05-07-2013)
Old 05-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #13
(male)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by guyp; 05-06-2013 at 10:36 PM.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #14
(female)

Amen to that! I am thankful too!

Old 06-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #15
(male)

Mick14 HB User

Guy,

Is this some type of therapy or study. Can I get more info from you on the doctor and testing.

Be well.

Reply Reply