It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
(male)

Fablive HB User
After stroke signs

Hey first I'd like to apologize for my English but I hope that all of u can understand me!!!! I'm just 35 years old and I had stroke two weeks ago and they just couldn't find the real reason why that happened to me. So I have a couple questions in the air and based on an everybody experience I'd like to "read" from u guys first: have any of you heard that stress could cause a stroke??? I'm asking cuz I had a hell of the week right when happened I'm kinda associating stress with the real cause. SECOND: I'm freaking out now after what happened cuz I'm feeling some weird stuff and I just wanna hear if anyone ever had the same symptoms like once in a while I feel a literally "drunk" feeling with some weakness and happens that my vision turns out a little fuzzy, also I kinda noticed that I'm having to put some more effort when I have to read being afraid that might had affected my vision. It could sound confusing and I know it's hard to explain but please try to figure out and if anyone had or have the same feeling let know!!!!! Hope these symptom they're just a "stroke hangover". THANKS!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Fablive For This Useful Post:
adam926 (06-11-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 01:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: After stroke signs

I think they are, and being only 2 weeks out, they will probably gradually resolve. What all was done in the way of testing to find out why you had a stroke? Yes, stress can be a factor, but there was probably something else along with it, like high BP, or an abnormal heart rhythm, clotting problem, etc. There are many things that can cause a stroke in a young person, and I would make sure you get tests done to uncover the reason. Some usual tests are: echocardiogram to check heart valves, 24hr holter monitor to check heart rhythm, BP monitoring, hematology work-up to rule out a clotting disorder, often genetic, ruling out sleep apnea, high cholesterol, diabetes, etc. Every effort should be made to find cause so future strokes can be prevented.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
(female)

nannymax HB Usernannymax HB Usernannymax HB User

hi there my hubby had a stroke two years ago in july and his vision was also affected he woke up in the morning and had his normal bath went to go down the stairs and noticed his vision was bad to cut a long story short his vision returned to normal now and it improved very quickly I would say after about 9 months to a year he was confident with his eye sight,which area of your brain was your stroke his was a mid brain and also like you they still don't know why it happened he had 2 more strokes last year that affected his lft hand side not badly just made his left hand side weaker and I cant advise you enough that if you have any syptoms get them checked out straight away hope this helps you if you want to ask anything else please don't hesitate I will be happy to reply just as evetyone on this forum does its an amazing place

Old 05-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
(female)

shug767 HB Usershug767 HB Usershug767 HB Usershug767 HB User

Hi Fablive, Sorry to hear of your stroke. You have found the right place for a ton of practical information. I'm sure you will hear that all strokes are different depending on a number of factors but it also seems most have commonality as well. I was 52 at the time of my stroke and I felt very "drunk" for the first 4 months or so. I still have chronic vertigo which varies in severity a year later. Weakness and sensation of something on the skin of my right hand and leg also comes and goes mostly noticeble when I get tired.
Fatigue was an issue for several months too but slowly got back to close to the energy levels I had prior to the stroke. Anxiety was real bad at first and still pops up whenever I have a "strange" feeling. My only risk factors were smoking and family history. I was also under alot of stress at that time by my doctor said the stress was not a factor (I guess because of where in the brain I had my stroke).
I now don't smoke, try to stay active and eat well.
Hope this helps and I wish you the best in your recovery.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
(male)

adam926 HB User

Hey I am 35 and 2 weeks out also. I get that drunk feeling almost daily and I also get blurry vision once I get tired during the day. It is scary to say the least.

The following user gives a hug of support to adam926:
shug767 (06-11-2013)
Old 11-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #6
(female)

snowbell60 HB User

Does the fatigue go away eventually. My mother who is 71 had a stroke in April this year because of high blood pressure. She is on high doses of blood pressure meds and is fatigued most of the time. She is also anemic.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
(male)

js54 HB User

Fablive: too much stress or uncontrolled hypertension
could cause a stroke. Did you have a bleed or a block
stroke? Your after stroke problems your experiencing
would be based on the location in the brain that was
affected and how much damage occurred. No two strokes
are the same so everyone who suffers from

Reply Reply