It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Stroke Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
(male)

guyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB User
12 months and 1/2 and counting

Hey everybody,
Hope everything is going good and getting better. I have been walking quite a lot and feeling fatigued. Happy to be on this side of the grass as a friend of mine once said. Doctor is changing up my therapy to try to control some of this numbness going on. I am looking forward to it as well. Neuro feedback. My brain is working correctly it just has to use or find new pathways.
God bless you all and the caregivers.

The following user gives a hug of support to guyp:
Iwamura (07-07-2013)
Old 07-04-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User
Re: 12 months and 1/2 and counting

g'day guyp,
good to hear you are ok, and you keep counting those months off for many years to come.
have you grained any weight? I have. since my weight grain I have found myself fatigued, especially towards the end of the day.
I have found it hard to maintain my pre-stroke weight. before the stroke I was very fit and healthily.
any way i'm working on it, the best I can.
hope to hear from you soon, all the best and God bless.......

George.

The following user gives a hug of support to goingtorun:
Iwamura (07-07-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
(male)

guyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB Userguyp HB User

Yes I have. Been trying to get down by walking but it is tough pulling the left side along. The doctor is trying some different things on my neuro feedback. Trying to get my brain to realize the different pathways to my numb side. The doc said my right side brain is working. It's just trying to send messages a different way. It sure is interesting. God bless you all. Hope to here from you soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to guyp For This Useful Post:
goingtorun (07-05-2013)
Old 07-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
(male)

Mick14 HB User

What type of things is the doc trying? I'm 11 mo out....walk with trouble bending at the knee, even though when laying on my stomach can do knee bends with a 10 lb weight. Is he trying to get sensation back? I would be interested in hearing what's seems to help neuro...drop foot, hand etc

Thanks and good wishes..

Mike

Old 07-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #5
(male)

Mick14 HB User

What type of things is the doc trying? I'm 11 mo out....walk with trouble bending at the knee, even though when laying on my stomach can do knee bends with a 10 lb weight. Is he trying to get sensation back? I would be interested in hearing what's seems to help neuro...drop foot, hand etc

Thanks and good wishes..

Mike

Old 07-18-2013, 02:27 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

goingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB Usergoingtorun HB User

G’day Mick14,
Hope you are as well as can be, both in health and sprits. I had a clot in the brain stem on 18th of March 2010. It left me paralysed completely down the right side of my body and not able to talk very much at all.
I found that once you have the slightest movement in any part of your body, you must do as many reputations of that movement as possible.
Never think that’s good enough and stop exercising, you must retrain your body both physically and mentally. If you stop that’s how you are going to stay, but if you keep up the hard work you may or may not get better, but you won’t grow wondering what may have been.
Mick14 I wish all the very best and may God bless, and remember never give up. Please keep in touch, I hope I was of help.
George ...........

Old 07-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #7
(male)

Yes Mick14,
The doc is retraining the brain to pick up different pathways for messages to be sent. I am left side affected therefore my right side brain is sending messages extremely fast and is not being picked up correctly. He is retraining the brain to slow down and find new pathways. But don't stop anything because muscle memory is very important. Exercise constantly and never give up. A good friend of mine said,"there's a reason we are on this side of the grass." God follows all his timing is perfect. May your family be well and I wish the best for you.

The following user gives a hug of support to guyp:
goingtorun (07-19-2013)
Reply Reply